Time to court Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by crypta333, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

A lot of times great players of any sport don't make great coaches because they assume and/or expect the players they coach to be able to do some of the same stuff they did. And they don't have the patience nor the knowledge to get it out of them.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It would be interesting to see one of the most cerebral QBs ever coaching college kids though, I will admit that. Peyton Manning trying to coach Tyler Bray. That'd be hilarious.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know we play like them, but last I checked an interest in coaching one college team doesn't mean he is interested in coaching us.

4. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Agree but given his (manning) career and general knowledge of the game, would you rather have ... I dunno... say Kurt Warner? maybe but still... Who could you think of as a better coach for MM?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Plus, today we are seeing what manning is like without his physical tools. 3 ints in the first half. Benched.

You can't coach things like his arm. Since he's lost that, he's done. Doesn't speak super highly to his coaching potential. He is not adjusting to his personal weaknesses.

He should have retired and become legend 2-3 years ago. Well, at least before that horrible super bowl and their flop against the Colts last year.

Even his excellent defense can't prop him up this year.

6. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Like it or not guys, Manning will coach NFL one day.

• Boring Boring x 2
  7. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I thought I heard a long time ago he was going to get into politics? A Republican Senator from Tennessee was the word.

8. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Arm has faded blah blah blhah.............. lol

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  9. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Last I heard he wanted to coach QB position at UT

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Based on what?

And proposing we give him a high level coaching gig because of his playing career is silly. Getting him started as QB coach wouldn't be a big deal though. But there is a big difference between doing the position, and being able to inspire, teach, and communicate to other people.

Imagine Brett Favre as anything more than a high school coach. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar