Time to blow up the team. Who should the Titans let walk?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KelvisKblam, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMvp9

McMvp9 I miss Tennessee...

Makes you think the grass isnt always greener, huh ?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Phillips does have a better win percentage than Fisher, but I agree I'd be more than pissed if that happened.

0% chance Wade Phillips gets another head coaching job anywhere.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Well, I guess he is a upgrade over Fisher.

4. TennesseeJed

TennesseeJed Camp Fodder

My list of players/coaches to dump:

Scaife: inconsistent
    Hope: hopeless
    Amano: confused
    Chuck Cecil: limited
    Washington: Was that pass to me?
    Gage: Where am I?
    Fisher: Reminds me of J.Caesar. Got supreme authority then got confused.

5. McMvp9

McMvp9 I miss Tennessee...

Oilers/Titans coaches since 1975...

Jack Pardee played for Texas A&M, coached the University of Houston, and the Houston Gamblers in the USFL all before being named Coach of the Oilers.

Jerry Glanville was the Oilers D-Coordinator before being named the Oilers HC.

Hugh Campbell - No Texas connection.

Ed Biles was an assistant for the Oilers under Sid Gillman and Bum Phillips before being named the Head Coach.

Bum Phillips is a native Texan and coached at Texas A&M, Texas Western, and was the Oilers D-Coordinator for a year under Gillman.

Looking at the previous coaching history, It looks like our next coach will either be a Texan or is already on this staff...

Another possibility could be Gregg Williams, I suppose..

6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

1)scaife and collins should not be re-signed this offseason
    2)hope, washington, amano, cortland, and scott need to ether jerk up or be cut
    3)last but definitely not least fisher should be fired

the rest i think we might be able to work with

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes. He's one of the head coaching candidates I'd love to have.

But you can quote me on what I said. Don't forget it... Wade Phillips will never get another head coaching job in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well I'm not sure who to replace these guys with but I wouldn't be surprised to see the following people with the team (I'm assuming Heimerdiner steps down for obvious reasons BTW) I'm also only listing starters or people who get a lot of playing time:

Jeff Fisher
    Chuck Cecil
    Vince Young
    Kerry Collins
    Rusty Smith
    Justin Gage
    Bo Scaife
    Eugene Amano
    Chris Hope
    Cortland Finnegan

The last two, and maybe 1 other guy might be good trade bait to move up in the draft perhaps with Detroit? I know Hope had his best years under Schwartz and I'm sure Schwartz would love a good corner he knows in Finnegan. Personally I find him a bit overrated and we can do better. But if the Jets could trade like a backup linebacker and 3rd string QB and someone else I don't even remember to move up a lot more to the Browns spot to get Sanchez, I'm sure Hope, Finnegan and maybe Gage and our 1st round pick would be more than enough to move up to Detroit's spot to draft a replacement QB. Just a thought.

And I'm aware I just cut all 3 QBs. But new coaches tend to like to build up their own team. I know we have 5 wins but we're playing like we have 0. We need to rebuild just as much as Carolina does. A new coach and new QB and new system is what I'd like to see. Change EVERYTHING from the Fisher era. Maybe we could actually be one of those teams that can win with running AND passing. Novel idea huh?

9. Section334

Section334 Tha Masta of Disasta

Get rid of:
    Justin Gage
    Chris Hope
    Javon Have
    Dave Ball
    Eugene Amano
    Nate Washington
    Bo Scaife
    Kerry Collins (retired)
    Chris Simms
    Rusty Smith
    Donnie Nickey
    Tony Brown (not dominate, overpaid)
    Chuck Cecil

Keep Fisher and VY, both will be on contract year and will have an incentive to win ball games to boost their value.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Let Go:
    Cortland Finnegan
    Chris Hope
    Kerry Collins
    Justin Gage
    Bo Scaife
    Randy Moss (assuming we don't resign him)
    Jeff Fisher
    Dinger
    Chuck Cecil

Draft:
    Linebacker
    Offensive Line

Don't really care about what else we do, need to get this team going in the right direction though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar