Time to blow it up and start over?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Honestly, if I was Bud and I watched today and last week, I'd have a memo waiting for Munch, Palmer and Gray at BSP telling them to get on a plane and head to Houston tommorrow.

2. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

If I had the ability to, I would hi-five this.

Munch's demeanor wouldn't be an issue with me if the team played like a team and showed fight and a desire to be better than the opposition. I don't see that at all.

I'm judging Munch by the product that is on the field. And what's on the field isn't pretty.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Screaming or even showing emotion isn't going to make Munch what you want in a coach though.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Peyton's first two starts:
    42/70 (60%), 490 yards, 2 TD, 6 INT, 58.6 QB rating

Locker's first two starts:
    38/62 (61%), 403 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, (not sure of QB rating, but I'd bet it's around 75-80)

I'm not an idiot trying to claim Locker will be better. I'm just saying it's ridiculous to see some people writing him off already.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Read my whole post, Gunny. I never said that's what I want from Munch. I don't care what kind of coach we have as long as we have a coach that players respond to and puts a product on the field that we as fans can be proud of.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Agree with both Fry and You on this. But, you do have a really good point in this post.

I am personally holding on really tight with one hand on the Munchak bandwagon. One more game like today and I'm officially joining you in the Munchak hate.

7. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

The guys over at Music City Miracles on SB Nation hinted at the same thing, that something isn't right in the locker room and at BSP. And if that is the case it is all on the coaches.

8. Aquam

Aquam Rookie

It's the lack of direction that's disturbing to me. Backfield looks lost and munchak seems like he's thinking about dinner after the game every time they shoot to the sidelines. This seems like the same one dimensional playbook as last year with no one at the steering wheel.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, it's not about having some loudmouth on the sidelines. The point is, Munch looks lost on the sidelines. And his team looks lost on the field. And considering this has been our M.O. throughout the majority of his tenure, that tells me that it's not unreasonable to think that perhaps Munch is also lost when it comes to the other aspects of being a HC that we don't see first-hand.

I do not think he's a good motivator. And I'm starting to think he's just not a very competent HC in general. How many times has this team rallied from a big deficit to come back and win a game? How many games have we won that we weren't supposed to win?

Under Munchak, we've mostly been a team that fails to make adjustments and quits when things get tough. To be fair, we've been both of those things since before Munch took over. So I guess we shouldn't have expected anything different from a Fisher disciple.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Aquam

Aquam Rookie

That's the point. It's fishers boys picking up about the time fisher lost control of his players. How are we going to change direction by trying to do the same things over and over(coaching) that's the definition of insanity. I think insanity is a fair assessment of now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar