time for fisher to admit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes I am. Regardless of who he is, we have a QB that has pushed our starter for playing time, and has had some level of success. He is not great, but he has won some games. That's the point I'm making.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Manning has thrown some redzone picks, true... and he threw a boatload of picks in his early years. Just sayin'.

I saw a lot of things to be frustrated with today, but man... is that squeeler D good or what?! Sad but true.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

He had a lot of TDs too. and A lot of wins. When you're the kind of QB who routinely throws 300 yards per game, you get a little more leeway.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I thought it was quite obvious that Young was overwhelmed against the Pittsburgh defense. Three players had picked him up at one point and body-slammed him. The refs only care if you are Manning or Brady. This game proves it. Nonetheless, they were in his head. I think he'll start again next week. I think Fisher just wanted to shake things up. Young had turtled up. The O-Line played horrendous, but he was hanging on to the ball forever too. I think he was afraid to throw another interception. Collins doesn't have Young's skill set, but he made good quick decisions with the ball. It nearly worked. Glad Fisher tried to win the game.

Not saying it's all Young's fault. Far from it. Just saying I'm glad we went down swinging.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

great post

6. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Not giving your "franchise" QB a chance to win the game for you doesn't help your franchise. I don't see how this is good for the team as a whole. All it does is create controversy.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Fish already said VY will be starting this coming week.

8. nickmsmith

Vinsanity created the controversy with his terrible play. He had multiple opportunities to win the game, and he put up 0 points. I'm pretty sure he had about as many turnovers as first downs.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

9. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Shouldn't have even been a question...

Like I said, all this does is serve to create controversy

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm waiting for Fisher's explaination. If VY is your starter, you win or lose w/him. It was one game. Yeah, Steelers were in his head, but he's the leader of the team. This kind of decision making by the head coach only promotes quarterback controversy, and we don't need that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar