Tim Tebow got KTFO!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

My idea of football is you always play with your best players. You don't ask your defense to give up TD's if you've got a big lead, and you don't ask your offense to sit down just because the other team can't stop you.

Good sportsmanship is not rubbing success in your opponent face, but doing the best you can with humility.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why are you so determined to defend Meyer? Here's what it boils down to, we know he HAD the flu or whatever coming into the game. If he's benched at halftime as he should have been he doesn't get a concussion. But the fact is he now has a concussion and with Tebow's style of play that's one of the worst things that could have happened to him. But your right, he should have been in there.

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Tebow's hit looked Nasty. Though he should have still played the game untill the 4th quarter IMO. 4th Quarter with the game in hand is where I see you start pulling starters and let the backups get playing time.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

be glad when this season is over, no more Tebow talk! his days are numbered. He wont be nothing in the NFL.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Because I dont think Meyer did anything wrong. I have laid out several examples of other coaches leaving their QBs in into the 4th quarter with similar leads, so obviously Meyer isnt the only major college coach with that thought process. The flu did not have anything to do with anything. You are leaning on that as some type of crutch in this discussion, but many athletes over the years have competed when they had the flu, and many did well. Tebow ran for over 120 yards and there is no indication the flu was a major issue, and certainly no indication that the flu had anything to do with him taking a big hit.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Bottom line: if you take him out at halftime like he should have been he doesn't get a concussion. That's the issue you can't avoid. And if the flu wasn't an issue why did he travel separately?

Besides their backup is pretty good so it's not like your giving up on the game with him.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He traveled separately so he wouldnt infect the whole team. The flu is contagious as I am sure you know, and there is no way easier to catch something than to be trapped for hours in an airplane with in infected person. Regardless, we obviously will have to agree to disagree, though I have a feeling if this didnt involve Meyer, Tebow, or Florida, no one would be critizing them.

Your whole perspective is hindsight however and course I cant avoid that he got hurt, it happened. Are you saying coaches should be able to predict injuries? Seriously? Thats your argument? You get to criticize based on hindsight but expect a coach to make a decision based on the ability to predict an injury? And like I have pointed out over and over, Meyer having Tebow in the game was consistent with other coaches leaving their QBs in the game. So unless you criticize them too, then I cant really take you seriously because it is obvious you dislike Meyer, and it is obvious your dislike for him is where your criticism is coming from.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I always thought Tebow would end up hurting himself by running straight forward with his head down like an idiot... but instead it comes from getting jacked up. I don't know which is better.

But he's going to be Tom Brady type shook from here on. Knowing at any minute his brain could be fried eggs again.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's not hindsight nor is it predicting injuries. When I saw the game start to go in favor of Florida I said "they should probably bench him at the half, and stop running him if he's sick or recovering from being sick." It's not hindsight or being a psychic it's common sense. Meyer brought it upon himself.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Ill take the Florida medical staffs opinion over yours in regard to whether they should stop running him if he is sick or not. No offense, but unless you are a trained medical person in some capacity, that actually evaluated him before the game, then your opinion really doesnt mean much in that regard. But whatever, we obviously arent going to agree, which is fine, but Im gonna let this topic be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar