Tim Tebow got KTFO!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

It made me feel much better after my Bulldogs lost a heartbreaker to LSU. I feel dirty saying that. What blows my mind is that if that were just some other guy like an olineman, there would have been one trainer come out and check on him. Since it was the messiah of football thought it seemed there were nearly a dozen people out on the field hovering around him. Double standard?

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Of course I dont think that. But no coach takes their players out in until the game is certainly over. And your Tressel-Pryor excuse is predictable. The only difference in the situation, is you like one team and dislike the other, so you will criticize the team you dont like.

So lets compare.
    Pryor's last pass attempt was a TD with 1:22 to go in the game, and a 23 point lead.

Riley from Cal's last pass attempt was with 7:00 minutes to go with Cal up 39.

McCelroy from Alabama's last pass attempt with was 10 minutes to go, and Alabama up 28.

There is absolutely no difference in what Meyer did and what these coaches did. I am sure you can come up with some type of tired excuse, but all 4 teams had big leads going into the 4th quarter, and all 4 teams kept their starters in going into the fourth quarter. OSU kept their starter in until basically the end of the game.

And just in case you want to the play the experience card, then I would assume you have an issue with Mack Brown letting McCoy throw a TD pass with 8 minutes to go in the game 2 weeks ago against Wyoming. Texas was up 24 at the time, exactly the same point spread Florida was up when Tebow got hurt. Again, no coach was taking out their starting QB at that point, and I just provided you several examples of that.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I love it. Meyer's ego is unbelievably huge. He almost has to take the ND job just to feed it.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why should UF take out starters in the 3rd quarter? It was KY's job to keep the Gators from scoring...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they don't have to. UF can run up the score all they want, but football is a violent sport and there is no point to subjecting your star player to more punishment, especially when he's got the flu.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He was injured with 4:11 to go in the 3rd quarter. Florida scored 10 points over the last 3 quarters of the game. Tebow threw a total of 10 passes. How in the world is that running up the score? Yes, injuries happen in football, we all know that. That doesnt mean you stop playing with 20 minutes left. I understand that most fans cant talk rationally about teams they either cheer for, or for teams they hate, but if that is considered running up the score then something is wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I really wouldn't even have minded Tebow being in there (I might have questioned it but I wouldn't have cared too much) had he not been sick going into the game. If the guys' not even 100% going into the game why play him when the game is well in hand? But what do I know, if I was coaching Tebow wouldn't have been concussed.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I can tell ya what ya dont know. You dont know how Tebow was feeling during the game. So anything about the flu and him not being 100% is speculation on your part. He was obviously loaded up on an IV and the illness might not have been bothering him much at all. He ran for over 120 yards, so it didnt appear he was struggling much from the flu.

And if you were coaching Tebow he wouldnt have a heisman trophy, 2 national titles, and a legit shot at a 3rd title this year. So no offense, but I imagine he would rather stick with Meyer.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

There are two reasons why Tebow should have been out of the game..

1.) A 31-7 lead with a defense like UF's is more than comfortable. Especially against an offense that is that bad. Yes, hindsight is 20/20, and if Tebow had never gotten popped no-one would care. But he's the heart and soul of the team and it's the 4th game of the year...let him rest up for long haul. AND he was "sick"...allegedly.

2.) Yes, there actually is life after Tebow. The college football world will still spin when the Dalai Lama levitates to the NFL. Of all people, Urban should know that his team will take a step back once Brantley takes over. Why not let him get some garbage time experience against an SEC defense to make the transition smoother? Is it really that crazy?

But then again, what does Urban care? He'll be a leprechaun in January...

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

FLorida's next game is on the road at LSU in 2 weeks. They only scored 23 against UT and didnt score after the 1st quarter while Tebow was in against Kentucky. If you are the FLorida coaches you would like to see them get something going on offense before an off week, and trip to LSU. Secondly, even though a 24 point lead is obviously comfortable, its not big enough to start letting off with 20 minutes still left in the game, on the road with a conference opponent.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20 and you are right, if he didnt get hurt no one would care just like they dont care when other starting QBs dont get pulled in the 3rd quarter after getting a big lead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar