Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Aug 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Delanie Walker isn’t happening guys. Not with us or anyone else. No training camp, no practice, no interest. I believe he only had 1 tryout and nothing came from it. If teams were interested, he would have been in a camp somewhere.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah. And don't forget about Reynolds. He'd be a number 2 on a third of the teams in the league.

I would think we should see a lot more 3 wide sets this year.

Those three with firk tight and Henry in the back field... try and stop that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

TE Tony Poljan cut by Ravens. Interesting prospect.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I know this may be a dead horse subject, but given that the team is 8-2 with the offense looking out of sorts for most of the season, and given it will be aa while before we get Henry and Julio back, I wonder if the team should reach out to Walker. We have 7 Games left in the regular season, and Julio is out at least 3 weeks. While Delanie may not be the machine he once was, he was a Pro Bowl MVP and had great hands. Two years removed from his injury- if he's healthy he would be a bigger threat than our current tight end crew. We haven't been in this position since 2008. The guy wants a Super Bowl, and I think he still could contribute in a way that's meaningful down the stretch. Thoughts?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Does he play Oline?

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Not unless he thinks we can win a SB..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mu...essee-hurt-my-value-when-it-came-to-accolades

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DW82 trying to have it 3 ways, not surprising

first he was a damn BU TE in his first contract...

second he signed with the Titans who throw to TEs way more than average and he was the starter getting majority of snaps/targets

third he wants to play in a 'big market' but he would use his stats from Tennessee to make his case for HoF

also never forget Themz wore skinny pants...

8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Whatever he had to say in July was speculative. He's still a free agent, and he had the majority of his success here. The titans are a legit contender, and leading the AFC by two games with 7 to go. That's a pretty good situation for anyone wanting to make an offensive impact.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Let's get Larry Fitzgerald and get him a ring too. Shoot, I'm pretty sure Dan Marino is also available.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Firk and Pruitt were fine last year, Downing just doesn't know how to use them

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar