Tie Breakers in the draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TBaker34, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

How do they do the tie breakers for the draft. There are a possible eight other teams that finish with 6 wins. Browns, Texans, Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings, Lions, Seahawks, and Cards/49ers. Just wondering who we need to win to get ahead of them in the draft. 95% sure we wont be beating the Colts so we will finish with 6 wins as well. Just need to know who I need to be a fan of.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I believe that making the playoffs is the first tie-breaker...so that means root for Seattle, second is strength of schedule, and after that I do not know.

3. 24

24 Starter

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Go Colts then?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I will still not be able to root for the Colts...

It is what it is, but it really blows when we can have conversations like this.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I feel you. I actually threw up a little when I typed that...

:coltssuk:

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Then to top this off, the Badgers are getting whupped beat by TCU (although it is not over yet). This has not been a happy holiday season from the football standpoint, although it has in other areas.

8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I will never cheer for the Colts, just don't see us beating a colts team fighting to be in the playoffs. Doesn't look good for us.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well as long as the Titans show up and play hard nosed Titan football I will be happy.

I do not expect too be happy.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar