Throwing Mechanics

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Don't get all crazy on me, but if Vince continues to overthrow simple 5 yard outs or hooks, then someone had better start teaching him how to get on top of those throws. Balls sailing on these simple pitch and catch plays is unacceptable.

:wall:

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'm assuming you're talking about the chris davis screen?

i'm thinking that was a miscommunication. you could see vince telling davis to go up field instead of staying where he was.

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It was 3rd and 3. The objective is to move the chains. Davis was where he was supposed to be to get that done. If there was a miscommunication, the fault lies with VY. It was a horrible throw plain and simple.....and it happens too often. His ball sails when he sits on his back leg and doesn't get on top of the throw. As I said, that is a simple "pitch and catch" first down.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Regardless of where Davis should have been, that ball was going to be overthrown either way. Actually, Young inexplicably continues to overthrow most of his passes.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

davis was behind the line of scrimmage, i don't know how that is a way to move the chains, but i guess that's what we have to do when we have LenUseless running the ball.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But, but, but, did you see him in college???/

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Actually I was referring to the 3rd and 3 play to Williams. We got the 1st down because of the holding call on Barber, but the ball was badly overthrown. Hard to imagine missing an easy throw that badly, but VY does it on a regular basis.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree, those aren't the kind of passes VY should have to be learning how to do as a pro. It doesn't look like he's trying to learn how to be a pocket passer, it looks like he's trying to learn how to throw from the basic beginner level.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this is all true. he needs to do something about it.

if Young doesn't correct this people are going to raise cane.

It reminds me of Happy Gilmore... Off the tee with a three wood he was good for 300yds.. with a driver, 400 yards easily. dude couldn't putt to save his life.

10. Maybe Merrill Hoge was right after all :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar