Throwback Uniforms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jmac1383, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

sword is cool. i like that.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think changing the uniforms now would be a mistake. Not that I would ***** and moan about it if they decide to, but the Titans haven't been around that long and I like the idea of establishing tradition with a uniform (and the nice thing is that the original Titans uni though not novel anymore is still pretty sweet). There's nothing cheesier than a sports franchise that constantly changes their logos/jerseys etc.

I hate the Steelers but those jerseys mean something and I'm sure they do to most of the players that have the chance to wear them. Now I realize the Steelers did change their uniforms early in the franchise's history but I think there are two key differences; I think unlike the Steelers the Titans are already on their way to establishing something with ther current look and the Steelers early uniforms were hideous (even if you're not a fan of the current Titans look I don't think you'd call it hideous).

Perhaps this just comes down to preference, because when I think of uniforms that I like I think of the Bears, The Colts, Steelers, Packers, Lions, Browns (yes I sad it) etc; All teams who've left their uni's pretty much unchanged. Look at how many teams try to introduce throwback jerseys to recapture some of that after they've screwed around too much. I think the Jets would be a good example of a team trying to recapture the tradition of their orginal uni.

I have to admit this doesn't even come down to strictly which is the better design. I think the Broncos unis that were introduced in the nineties are okay, but I really believe the franchise would be better served in those old orange bad boys. Even though the Broncos finally won their Super Bowls in those new nike designed duds, you can't replace the real history and connection that the Orange Crush had to the city ( I'd love the Titans to be able to establish that kind of thing in Nashville)... and the Broncos flushed it all away.

In the vast scheme of things this is certainly not the most important of issues, but it's an offseason Saturday afternoon, and I'm here chillin with a migraine to keep me company (so typing out disjointed thoughts on seemingly unimportant matters seems right up my alley).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice post tb.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar