Throwback Uniforms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jmac1383, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I noticed this year that many teams are wearing their Thowback Uniforms. Are the Titans going to wear their old Oilers uniforms? And if so when? Does anyone know?

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

probably not but i have nothing to back that up with. i'd like to separate the titans from the oilers as much as possible.

we should be wearing a red jersey once a year.

3. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

Fisher said there will be no throwback jersey, the Titans have no throwback jersey. Having only been in existance since 1999 there isn't one. The Oilers old logo and jersey can't be used anymore, and he said it will stay that way. I agree on the Red jersey, it should be used in a game at some point and time though, like around the holidays.

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

We should get BRAND NEW uniforms for next year then we will have throwbacks.

I want some good uniforms. I like the dark blue and all but we need to get a revamp.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If you wear an alternate jersey during a season (our light blue), I don't think you can wear a throwback in the same year.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't know why they ruled out ever wearing Oiler uniforms again. They always said the Oiler's history moved with the franchise.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Use the dark blue tops with white bottoms. Seems like we don't use those much any more. Used to be our standard uni but we started wearing those blue pants all the time.

I don't think the oilers throwbacks are a good idea.

We already had throwback titans unis. thje jets wore their old titans unis and looked horrible..

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

SuperFreak was right; Fisher said Oilers jerseys weren't Titans throwbacks. We usually wear the alternate (Columbia blue) jerseys for the Texans game.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This has been discussed two or three times already since the season started. Sheesh!

Teams are only allowed one alternate or throwback uni. Ours are the powder blues, so we won't have a throwback. Maybe next year, but most likely not.

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

We wore like 50 uniforms last year. We should be at least allowed to wear the Oiler Logo. I mean come on. Jets wore there freaking Titans jerseys last week. Why cant we go way back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar