Three Guys I would love to see wearing Titan Blue

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Assuming we don't re-sign Brown I think we have to look to draft a back but not neccesarily in the first two rounds and not neccesarily in the 6th or 7th round either. Find a good value guy around round 3 or 4.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Look out! RollTide has busted out stats! :lol: And once again, he's totally reaching to pull a point out of some of those stats.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jonathan stewart is the perfect RB for what we want to do. he ran out of the spread with dennis dixon. he has the speed to break off long runs. he has the power to run between the tackles. he was an every down back in college(unlike lendale and chris henry) and he will be available when we pick.

case closed.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Case closed allright! A guy who ran out of a spread offense in college is the hardest guy of all to judge in the pros. We don't run a spread offense!

And gunny, brown and white combined for 200 more yards than tomlinson and 10 more first downs. White had 57 first downs and brown had 28. That is outstanding and if anyone would take the 2 seconds needed to look up some past titan seasons you will see that. Lendale white was 7th in the whole nfl in first downs!

There was only one tandem of backs who combined for more first downs than white and brown. That was the vikings. Those 2 guys had the same number of first downs as tomlinson-turner and 5 more first downs than westbrook-buckhalter.

5. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

# of first downs is basically a worthless stat. All that means is that we ran it almost every time on 3rd and pretty short and that Lendale was good at that. I agree, he is good at that.

I want some 1 or 2 first down drives that end in touchdowns. That's what we are missing.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

LW got a lot of 1st downs mostly because he was given the ball a lot. The % of 1st downs per run was not great. I do like him as a short yardage guy, but there's no reason to get carried away with his # of first downs.

And I agree with Big about Stewart....he's the rb we could conceivably get that I really want. But he hasn't declared yet, right?

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Heck, I'd give up our first 3 picks for Roy Williams if that's what it takes...

and agree on Felix Jones. I see him as one of the elite backs and playmakers in this draft.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That's an argument against Eddie and not an argument for low ypc I hope.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd say about half of our game plan is in the shotgun, the only thing is teams know we're going to pass because we don't have a runningback that can run out of the spread.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'd say Vince Young qualifies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar