Three Guys I would love to see wearing Titan Blue

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steelers 2005..

Not part of some grand plan! Bettis was on his last leg. Parker wasn't even drafted. It's not like the steelers organization was thinking let's sign parker as UFA so he can alternate with bettis. They got lucky! Bettis was on his last leg he couldn't carry the ball 300 times anymore.

The back the steelers hand picked to supplement the aging bettis was another big back in duce staley also in his later years.

The steelers made no cognitive attempt to do what you claim we should do and if bettis was 22 years old like lendale is now parker would have been on the bench.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Did you guys know that just 200 yards and 4 Tds seperates the chargers 2 Rbs tomlinson and turner from white and brown this year? Those are combined stats! And that brown and white combined rushed for the same number of first downs that those 2 studs did?

Lendale white and chris brown..vs tomlinson and turner

Our guys-Combined for 1570 yards.
    T&T-1790

Our guys 12 Tds
    T&T 15tds

Our guys 85 first downs
    T&T 85 first downs

85 first downs..

Those 2 supposedly sub par guys combined for 10 more first downs than tomlinson!

As for the much avertised fumbles brown and white combined for 6 fumbles all year and lost all 6. Tomlinson had 8 fumbles this year and lost 5, turner had one and lost one.

Time to resign brownie and quit this BS about a RB..

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol what an idiotic comparison

Carries

White/Brown - 405
    LT/Turner - 386

Yards per carry

White/Brown - 3.87
    LT/Turner - 4.63

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny's idiotic comparison..

The point is that our backs did basically what was asked of them and did a good job therefore we don't need to be drafting a guy. If you want to be a smartass fine i'll compare our 2 top runners this year to eddie and rodney thomas from 96-2000. I never said our 2 guys were as good as those 2 guys i was making the point that they were very productive for us so why change.

Eddie george made pro bowls with a lower ypc than what our backs had this year.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What this team needs is a blazing fast scat back who can break long spectacular runs. Like clinton portis for example? Portis in 325 carries had 3 runs over 20 yards slow fat lendale white had 4 in 301 carries.

Besides we have the most explosive back in the league in chris henry.

Carries per runs of over 20 yards..

Peterson..22

Tomlinson...24

Parker.....26

Chris henry....15.5

Watch gunny have a cow over this one..:grrhee: :grrhee:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sorry? You were the one making the idiotic comparison.

And as usual you tell half the story showing total yards which were LESS with A LOT MORE CARRIES.

How you are impressed by this is anyone's guess.

*Waits for RollTides misinterpretation*

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You compared three starters with a part timer.

Bravo, you have reached new heights of desperation.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again an illustration that our runningbacks were productive and played well. Never in any post have i said any titan back was equal to tomlinson and you know it. I didn't include pass receiving stats either.

As for chris henry this trash can POS he had 31 carries and in those 31 carries had 2 long runs of 20 yards or more and 2 TDs so maybe this explosive back everyone wants is already here..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Two backs barely reached the best back in the league and you call that productive?

10. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

I actually didn't have a huge problem with our 2 back system this year. It wasn't great, and had a crappy yards per rusn average, but generally they came up with first downs when absolutely necessary (mostly Lendale after game 1, that's good). You are misunderstanding me. We WERE reasonably productive this year.

I am saying, the 2 back system works... we just need a better second half of the 2 back than Chris Brown.

(a) Would I like Ladanian Tomlinson who can do everthing exceptionally so we didn't need to platoon? Sure. But you need top 10 picks to get a back like that usually, so we need to platoon to try and match those skills situationally in a couple of cheap players, instead of one hard to get expensive guy. It actually can be more salary cap friendly this way.

(b) Chris Brown is not only a FA that will get probably more than the 1.8 million he already got this year (which is a rip off, and much more than a 2nd round RB gets, e.g. Lendale) but he isn't durable at all, he fumbles, and can't catch.

(c) Chris Henry is terrible, he couldn't spot a hole in an abandoned minefield and makes nobody miss, he just runs one direction behind he line until he hits something, slowly changes direction, and then runs in another direction. Yes, he can break off an occassional big run with that strategy but more often that not he gets crushed for a loss and puts us in 2nd and long which we are the worst team in the league at.

=> We can upgrade in the second round with a better pass catcher, with more elusiveness, and better durability. Felix Jones or Jamal Charles are my ideal second rounders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar