Thoughts/Questions....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

To change it up a bit:

Offensive

Passing:
    i was thinking bout the offense style. we were constantly chaning our WRs not even on a gamly basis but on a play basis....WRs were swithing sides/roles/subbin in and out. Now im not tryin to say we dont need help..we clearly do. but i cant help think that was a key reason in our strugglin passin game.

Running:
    Im big on chris henry. his vision is not quite there yet though (as elusivly illustrated on the kickoff return gainst the colts where he got reemed but also in the running game) but im glad we didnt bring back brown (even though i liked him too) i want to give henry a chance. i think evnetually over time an practice (and plaing time) he can become an everydown back.

Defense Specifics:
    MLB - i remember i heard in one of our conferences talkin about the position fish said that fowler will remain the starter. im not too sure...the more i see tulluch play the more i want him starting. when playin he outperformed our other LBs at times. and fowler like tulloch would be a heck of a backup (both cheap too) than again i think this might be tullochs last yr...if we start him an has a breakout yr im not too sure the titans would keep him....

.....thoughts?

question - do u guys think tulloch could handle playing on the outside? (in the event one of our starters gets injured)

question - do u guys think we will resign bulluck as his contract is up soon too?

thought we need to change it up a bit ...tired of the FAcy B.S.

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I like the topic, definantly to get away from all the FA stuff...

Im not going to flame Henry in this thread, but I don't think you can learn vision... first day of two-a-days, the rb coach in HS told us that. Theres been so many scouts who also say it... Vision is a talent, and if you can't see the holes, you simply can't see the holes. He doesn't have a feel for the game, and I don't think he ever truly will. Then again, you can always hide that with superb blocking. I'm not an NFL scout by any means, but from experience I have found out that the most atheletic person on the team is not always the best.

I like Tulloch. I think he is one of those guys who have plays the position with alot of athleticism, and is able to blow people up. I think the reason they went with Fowler is, although he isn't as athletic as Tulloch, he was in the right place more or less the majority of time. Fowler is the starter, but from what I saw in training camp last year, I think Tulloch is better.

He is an MLB, and im not sure how much experience he has with OLB... I'm
    pretty sure he could do fine, but they really are different positions.

I don't think we will let him go, but if he is seeking a bigger contract then he has now, (Which I highly doubt he will do) yeah. He may have lost a step, but he still is better than 85% of other starting OLBs on other teams. I think we will give him a 2 year extension to his contract, rather than waiting till it is up.

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

I too am big on henry but I also agree that vision can't be "learned". you've either got it or you don't. however, I do think that he can learn to understand what's going on around him more which will inevitably make him a better running back.

I guess tulloch could play mediocre at outside lb, however i'm not crazy about the idea

I think we will sign bulluck long term again, excellent linebacker, motivational heart of the defense.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Get Tulloch starting. Get Henry to play with his head up more. Give Bulluck his extension now. Oh and does subbing in and out make your hands turn to stone and make Vince throw the ball 10ft above you?

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

well des, there is a little thing called chemistry :)) (or lack there of in the case of VY and our... recievers for lack of a better term :disbelief j/k

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

He developed it with Gage,just gotta do it with the rest of them now.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I think our constant shuffling of WR's was throwing something at the wall, and hoping it sticks. We basically did that with our RB's in the '06 season, until Travis Henry emerged as the starter. I don't think we'll have to worry much about that anymore, with Heimerdinger holding the reigns.

What I don't understand is why Henry doesn't have vision already. At times, he certainly seemed to have it. Other times, he looked like Eddie George in his last season here, purposely avoiding a holes, and trying to move the pile forward for a couple yards. From my perspective, he lacks consistency, which I think he could build on, given a bigger role in the offense. Many times, he was brought in in situations the defense knew we were going to run, and he was being hit in the backfield.

Tulloch SHOULD be the starter next season. My guess is that it will be too obvious to ignore in preseason. I predicted that with Finnegan, and I'm predicting that with Tulloch. No, I don't think he could play on the outside, but I would like to see him worked into some blitz packages, just to see what he could do there.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Tully will beast this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar