Thoughts on Barmore?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanoiler51, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, he was All-SEC on the coaches poll and led the team with 6 sacks and 6.5 TFL so that is more than showing up for the last two games. BUT... he was a 1 year producer and I do not like spending a first rounder on those guys.

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

While completely meaningless, he was mocked to us on ProFootball Networks mock draft at #22.

3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Bama/Titans fan here: He's a similar player to Daquan - who we're most likely going to let walk in free agency. He can flash in run support and create tackles for loss, a bit better pass rush than Jones, but not on Simmons level. More of a second round pick to me, but may rise for certain teams.

I don't like him in the first round for us because I would prefer to see us go after someone more like Cam Jordan as a defensive end with a good bull rush, but can also beat a guy around the edge. This years draft seems pretty chock-full of those types of players. I see several that are long and have good size.

Just depends on what JRob sees on film and who he likes the most.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If Jones does walk thats a big hole to fill. Nose tackle isn't glamorous but it's pretty vital. Our rush D was actually pretty decent this season, don't want a huge gap in the middle, we can't afford that lol

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

But you don't fill a niche role player with a 1st round pick. We need to use that on someone who makes a big impact.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Nose tackle =/= niche role player. Is barmore worthy of a 1st? I have no idea, but he's not, not worth a first just because he's be replacing someone you consider a niche role player which I also don't really agree with calling Jones a niche role player to begin with.

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Who's the best nose tackle in the game right now? I'm a huge fan of the game as a whole, and I don't think I could come up with any actual impact nose tackles. Vita Vea? Quinnen Williams? Those are the best I know of. Would you consider them actual game changers? They can be good, but not taking over a game.

How much of an impact does that position actually make in today's game? Using a first round pick on one would be a complete waste no matter how good they are.

#27 Johnnyb, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure why we think Barmore is a nose tackle.

He was a sack leader known for his lateral quickness and his biggest question mark is that he gets pushed around in the run game.

9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Because that's the only position that would make sense for him to play on our defense if we lose Jones. Which is why I said he wouldn't be a fit for us. Also I compared him to Jones skills wise. I think he's a bit better than him, but not enough to warrant a 1st round pick.

We have much bigger needs than spending a 1st round pick on an interior DL.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't necessarily want him, but why couldn't he be a 3-4 DE?

I mean, we started Jack Crawford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar