Thorton Signs!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

By crikey, I'm really enthused for this pick-up. I didn't see it coming, but hey, I don't follow FA as much as I should. This is exactly the kind of pickup Tennessee were looking for; I can see some serious production coming from this.

Additionally, it's always nice to hear that a player (especially a class-act like Thornton) was so impressed with the coaching staff that he changed his plans entirely to sign.

Thornton in Titans blue... sounds damn good to me.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I always rated Thornton over June. He will be huge for us, the great Gundini has spoken.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Stretch James Left, Stretch James Right, have Gomer pitch to the Weenie for a 7 yard hook. Rinse and repeat.

Wait something is missing:))

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just no 'Edge' to that offense....I guess Thornton isnt any use for that.

Though I can't wait for him to lay out Starvin' Marvin on a nice crossing route....wait, he don't run those does he?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brothers?

5. Twelfth Man

Twelfth Man Guest

That cartoon dude reminds me of Marvins eyes that time he made the incredible one handed catch against the titans. Yes, that was sweet. "WHAT A CIRCUS CATCH" per Bob Lamey.:ha:

Richard

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he was probably crappin' his dacks after seeing Tank or someone coming at him and he dived out the way.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Class. Just can't come into the forum and talk without the smack? You do know there is a forum just for smack?

Oh well, looks like Colts are overdue for, and in need of, some humble pie.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well we can always resurrect the Colts vs Steelers playoff thread...:brow:

9. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Congrats on getting Thornton. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. He was overshadowed this year by Brackett and June, but those two had so many "wow" type plays, that people forgot that Thornton was solid on every down. He can play both outside linebacker positions equally well and he's a leader with character. You guys may not notice him for the first few weeks and then all of the sudden, you'll be looking at stats, and he'll have lead your team in tackles in most games. He's a quiet killer.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have always maintained that Thornton was the best LB you guys had.

What is going on with June and Brackett anyway? Gonna resign them? Free the space by trading choke boy and starting Sorgi? :winker:

BTW, it kills me to see a Colt uniform in my sig, but gotta support the new guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar