Thornton to Visit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought the jags had a good LB core.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I would like to get Thorton for sure, but I don't want to break the bank either.

3. They do, but Akin Ayodele is a FA (another guy we could look at potentially).

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yeah, Ayodele is pretty good. He'd be a nice fit.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I like Reese's strategy of taking his time and not getting too involved in the FA frenzy. Guys who are picked up early in the signing period are typically overpaid based on their level of talent. By waiting we can get a decent level of talent for the price. If we don't extend McNair's contract to save CAP money in the near future we still don't have a bunch to spend this year but can be in a better postion down the road. Also, this is a good draft class for LBs so overpaying a LB is less desirable.
    We could still see some vets become available later as some cuts occur.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thornton sounds like a good possibility to sign. He also has the advantage of knowing the Colts defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar