Thornton Looks to Lead by Example

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In a press conference on Monday afternoon, LB David Thornton was asked if he would take on a leadership role with the Titans as he did for the Colts. "As a defensive captain for the past two years, I think the guys took a lot of respect for how I carried myself on and off the field," said Thornton. "I’m not a big rah-rah guy. I wasn’t there, and I probably won’t be here. But what I do do is I go out and I practice hard every day. I try to live by example, and I try to influence guys to make the right decision and do the right things on and off the field. I think that’s probably something that can be added here. It’s definitely a young team, so guys can look for some veteran leadership, to come in and show guys how to practice every day, to be accountable, to show up on time, to practice with 100 percent effort, know your job, and just focus every week."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I love this guy. Between him and KVB, I think we might be on to something with the D this year. Still got some holes, but not a bad way to kick off the off-season...

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hear that Pac, time to get your mind right...

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Now we've got 3 leaders on defense, 3 1/2 if you count Albert. This is good indeed.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Everyone "leads by example". It's all just rhetoric until we get some stops.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Bulluck and Thornton, what a tandem. I wonder if we'll keep Sirmon for the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar