This would solve and fix the defensive line.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

This would fix the defensive line and really come close to getting back to the 1999-2000 defense.

Trade for Alex Brown if all they want is a 4th round pick my goodness we gave away Steve Mcnair for that and he was the heart and soul of the Franchise but a 4th round pick for a man in his prime with his attributes would be a steal. Brown would make for a scary pass rush with KVB on the other end and you could also use Antwan and that would solve your pass rush problem.

As for DT I know he has had some issues with the law and we do not really want to mess with that kind of attention but Tank Johnson standing 6-3 300 lbs and fairly young would make a nice contribution to that rotation. Sign him to minimum salary and if there is one problem even if its a cross walking violation you dump him but from what I hear hes not a mean guy just had some troubles.

Corey Simon and Simeon Rice are washed up and past there prime.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We will never sign Tank Johnson......because the organization doesn't want to put up with a guy who has his type of troubles regardless if he is a good guy or not we just got past the Pacman issues and we don't need another distraction like that again. Yes he migth be a good guy but our FO will not be willing to take on the risk he brings.

Brown would be a solid signing though and help a lot. Our D-Line looks very good though right now so the FO might not be willing to trade unless they revert back to last years form in the regular season.

3. After watching the preseason... Why fix what aint broke?

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We just need one more player. Not Johnson though.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The run defense looks like it could use one more player to make it truly dominant. Don't get me wrong, it's fine where it is. But I think to achieve the dominance of that '03 run defense, I just think it needs ONE more player... not sure that guy is on the market right now

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Our problems are at LB...not the line. Have a good night.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

How do you solve a defensive line? :eh?:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

those additions would be great if we ran 46...

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Whats up with Al Wilson? Is he officially done? I would like to see him at MLB

10. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Uhhh Preseason, this is the third preseason in a row Odem has looked dominant. I hope I am wrong but we are still in desperate need for an end and a tackle. LaBoy, Conover those are our backups? LaBoy can look great but only in spurts. I love Conovers hustle but we need talent. How many times will we have to watch Haynesworth limp off the field, our only inside "force". Tony Brown is a nice pickup but not the pro bowl calibur player we need. Rien Long will always be situational although I like him alot as a backup. Starks has shown about as much improvement as Roydell and Roby, and Jesse well lets just say "we need some fixing."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar