this should start some discussions............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

whether vol fans want him to or not.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

most Vol fans are more worried about Meachum going early..I didn't even see him listed on bongo's list

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Look, I'm not into looking up statistics to prove some BS on a web forum. In fact, I wasn't even making a negative comment but wondering why you don't hand out more negatives. If you read your analysis, it's clear that you are "high on" like 1/3 of the players you listed. Thirty was just a conservative guess. If I were inclined to go back through your post and count, it would probably be more like 50. But let's say that the average person that makes the pro bowl goes 3 times and the average pro bowl player plays 10 years in the NFL. Over 10 years, 50 players per year means that there are 500 players. The average player will go three times, making 1500 spots. But there aren't that many spots in the pro bowl over the next 10 years. So, even though most experts will agree that this isn't a great overall draft class, let's say that they're all wrong and it happens to be pretty good. What, somewhere around 85 or 90 players on a pro bowl roster yearly, right? Thats around about 900 spots in 10 years. You're saying that this class is going to produce somewhere around 60 percent more pro bowlers than the average draft. If you've ever taken a class in probability (or if you just have a working brain), you will realize that 60% is way too far from the mean.

From reading your posts for a while now, I can see that you are one of those people that just loves to say you called that. Do you think "calling" a draft pick ahead of time (an inexact science) makes you look smart or something? Everyone that is intelligent knows that the draft is a crapshoot at best. If it makes you feel good to be a Merrill Hodge (calling Landry a future HOF before he's played a snap or tried to endure NFL contact for 10 years, for example), then by all means keep posting this crap and attacking posters that meant you no harm. Holla.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You are overthinking this. It's a list of projected top candidates. So what if he says someone has pro bowl talent? They are just top 5s by position by year. Again, TOP 5s, minimal analysis.

Talk about blowing out of proportion.

"A few few hours ago...in a proportion far far away."

Slow down 2008, you can't start tweaking until the end of January. It's not healthy.

5. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

What makes you think Brandon Siler is going to be a bust? Good speed, some of the better read and recognition skills I have seen as a MLB (better than Channing Crowder who he replaced, Crower was a first day pick and is a starter for a good Miami defense), and has decent size. I'm not saying he is going to be the next Ray lewis, but a solid 'backer for somebody. All you had to do was turn on a UF game this year, and he was all over the field making plays. He has a great motor, and guys that have good ability and a great motor are seldom busts.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Siler is going to get a medical red flag for injuries sustained and he has a chronic knee condition that wont allow him to be a stud in the show. It will effect his explosion. Crowder also had knee issues but Siler's knee is of the chronic variety. He also has started to get caught in his blocks because of his isssue and he does not always hit the correct gap in his assignments and that works in college at UF but every scout watches every snap of every game you play and they wont miss it...............he wont do well in the NFL...............just my opinion. Just like Meachem is not a round one WR, and just like I said Mario would bust last yr..............I am very opinionated when it comes to the draft but you will find out that my analysis is ususally pretty solid in how guys go in the draft.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

considering how long i have done draft work in the NFL i think i do know a little bit more than most folks about the process and how one is graded.

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

you wont because he is not a top 5 WR.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Why are you so high on Irons? To me he doesn't seem to have that game breaking speed, amazing vision, or have the body to pound the ball 25 times a game.

I think this draft is weak on top end talent, but has areas of solid depth especially at WR, safety and CB all which we could use.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

he is..........and I like him too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar