This season actually hasn’t been disappointing.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lost our pro bowl tightend (and our best offensive player), lost our number 1 receiver, o-line can’t stay healthy, and we have a first year coach. Not to mention our best linebackers are all rookies. We lost games we should have won but we also won games we should have lost. Talent wise along with our injuries, our record is pretty much an indication of where we’re supposed to be.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Season isn't over considering we're still in the playoff race and have a huge chance of making the playoffs..

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Only thing I disagree with is losing Mathews. Didn't view him as our number 1 wr once he became unreliable catching the football. It has allowed our younger guys to get more experience.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Matthews never became unreliable catching the football. He got injured and just never found his feet. Had he been patient with us, he'd still be a legit #2 WR in this league.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I mean, I could have handled a worse record with a better Mariota showing. I’d rather him 100% clear any doubts of being a franchise QB, than sneak into the playoffs and end up being a mediocre QB.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying I’m totally disappointed, but I expected more out of Mariota. I do consider the absence of Walker and Mathews, but he has made some bad decisions at times.

Still have a few weeks left, so he still has time.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I said 8-8 or 9-7 before the season. That's still alive. Can't complain too much.

I will say I think this coaching staff has done a better job than the previous one. 2016 and 2017 we had one of the healthiest teams in the league and managed 9-7 against trash schedules and opposing QBs.

In 2018 we: 1) lost our best player on offense, 2) haven't had a consistent offensive line lineup, 3) changed defensive and offensive schemes. A winning record with all of that, including a significantly harder schedule? Yeah, I'd say this season was a bit of an improvement.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

We're about where i expected us to be with a new staff coming in. But the one time I was truly disappointed was this play, which could very well cost us a playoff spot.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Son, I am disappoint.

• LOL LOL x 3
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Since the bye week, I don't think he's been disappointing at all. Sure, a couple of bad throws, but it's just that, a couple. The way he's played since becoming healthy around the Charger game has been above average IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I get it, and wasn’t trying to sound too critical. I feel he is gonna be the guy, but would still like to see some of his awful decisions cut back some.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar