This is why I like Fisher...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

(on the Titans’ opening play yesterday where the offense shifted to the left side of the field)

The thought process is pretty simple – [San Diego’s] defense is so aggressive and was wired and ready to go. We just wanted to show them something a little different to get their minds on football and on alignments and adjustments, and things like that, rather than coming after us physically.

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Vince should have ran on that play if his Quad was 100%.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He should have run on that play if he had been on crutches, and he still could have gotten 4-5 yards...

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Gage should have caught the ball on that play. His hands were 100%...

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Exactly! He could of took it to the house at full speed.:yes: Gages hands at 100% are like a top WR's hands at 50% tho.

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

If it was like the equivalent play in The Longest Yard, there would've been crushing blocks made all the way up the field, and a massive pickup of yardage. And Michael Irvin would've caught the ball, too. If Vince threw a pass to Michael Irvin, I'd be rather surprised yet mildly pleased.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

That play was a bust. Vince was late getting the ball over to Gage and there were a couple of guys ready to pounce Gage if he had held it. The blocking was not great on the play.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i guess we're also lucky that wasn't picked off

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

It's such a shame it didn't work, because I would've liked to have seen it more often just from a novelty perspective. I love gadget plays.

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

The high snap by Hartsock didn't help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar