This is why Boxing is going down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

My cousin is constantly telling me all the MMA successes he's had around Middle TN. And since I boxed as a kid he's always telling me how much better it is, like "I know you can box, but this... this is so much more.". So I just casually tell him I'd still piece him up any time.
    So we do as family does... I put the gloves on. He tries to hug me or whatever. I step bag and tag him over and over. Gets more frustrated than anything.

But I wonder... you're doing good at this?... This is why I cant take it seriously.

My Ex dates guys that do it too. I always chuckle. "Oh. Another one, huh?"... stuff is silly. Adults fighting in amateur bouts to prove they're still tough.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

About the skill thing...

MMA definitely takes more skills... as in mastering multiple fighting styles. But boxing as an art in itself has a lot of depth regarding skill. And for all my jest about hitting each other with clown gloves, I used to enjoy boxing and certainly respect the work it takes to become and maintain a championship.

But I'm more interested in seeing good fights and who the best fighter is. The best boxer is not the best fighter. The best fighter is determined using mixed martial arts.

With your training in boxing, picking on a guy in a boxing match with no training is pretty weak of you. Try fighting him MMA style. You'll choke til you pee yourself.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

MMA is still a very young sport. The athleticism and skill is miles ahead of where it was 10 years ago and it will only get better as better athletes chose this sport as a kid as opposed to stumbling into it. If you watch The Ultimate Fighter, you can see that. This season, pretty much all those guys are well rounded and belong there. The first couple of seasons, you have some legit fighters, but a lot of the guys were really one dimensional and inexperienced.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

Im well aware of the nickname. I always thought it was ironic. Do you actually think boxing is a science?

5. Deuce Wayne

I think it's far more strategic than MMA. I mean, there are still many stupid fighters that fight stupid and never stick to strategy, but when they do... watching guys like Mayweather Jr?... Pure art.

I think that's my problem with mma. I don't see that in UFC. Usually the knockout punch surprises the guy that threw it as much as it does the guy that was hit by it.

I like GSP. He's really about the only one in the UFC that I've seen that's truly a great fighter. He'd be good at any type of fighting.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think you have to be stupid or at least masochistic to put your brain and body through more than a few matches of either sport. Even if you win, your brain still goes through a significant amount of beating. I'm sure that's at least part of the reason that Ali is in the shape he's in now.

Tyson might have been a smart, law-abiding individual if it weren't for all of the abuse his brain has taken... Ok, I'm joking about that part.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Haha somehow Tyson has become an awesome guy though. Maybe he finally grew up.

His comedy sketches and stuff now are great. Never knew that side of him existed til recently- even in the Hangover he was a tad stiff. I think he's getting comfortable now.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd rather take a punch from him in his prime than have to watch his part in Hangover 2 again, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar