This is why Boxing is going down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

you dumb. It's clear you don't know fighting just like you don't know college or pro football.

the laying on the ground thing? Yeah.. it's called trying to choke someone into unconsciousness or break their limb.

Boxing is merely one fighting style in the MMA, which is much more fierce and real than boxing. There's a reason it is growing in popularity world wide while boxing fades.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I wish Bruce Lee was frozen like Walt Disney and brought back to life. Give him 2 years to study and train, stick to a low weight class (Lee was like what, 125lbs?). I would pay for that PPV. I haven't been as interested since Ice Man and Couture retired, but i'll watch a PPV now and then if I can get it for free.

Boxing hasn't been interesting since Tyson was champ, and with the popularity of mma boxing's best days are behind it.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

some sort of alaphabet soup grand unification on broadcast TV, with Don King being on Elba Island, would rescue Boxing. I really dont know much else that could

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Boxing has a lot of issues at the moment.

It's still a better pure sport than the drunken styles of MMA though.

Anytime you can have a reality show to see who can be your next champ, your sport is a joke.

5. Deuce Wayne

It's growing because it appeals to country boys that like to get drunk and roll around on the ground.

Typical mma fan:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7hkkHLfGA&feature=player_embedded"]Hilarious: Fight Breaks Out In Whataburger In Texas - YouTube[/ame]

note the "Tapout" shirt.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I never really cared for boxing, but I love some MMA. I like the the muay thai and submission grappling. I think any fan gets frustrated with the lay and pray stuff. Unfortunately, it is effective.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Like normal, your ignorance is showing.

The reality show doesn't determine the next champ. The winner of the reality show gets a contract to fight in the UFC....

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm the opposite. I just never could get into the MMA stuff. Granted it's been at least 3-4 years since I've watched any. I'd like to give it another shot at some point.

But there's no denying that boxing isn't even close to what it used to be, even as recently as the 90's. And I can't see it turning around anytime soon. Sad really.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I guess the reason that I never got into boxing is that there aren't a lot of great fights and those are on pay per view. You have to rip through something like 30 or 40 cans before you get real fights.

It is rare to see big win streaks in MMA, because the top guys are constantly fighting each other.

10. Deuce Wayne

lol just as embarrassing. I exaggerated to prove a point. Once again, you take everything literally... and then help me out with the following post.

Let's have a reality show to see what random bums can become a WR in the NFL!

Oh right. That'd never happen.

MMA is full of grappling and hugging. Guys that are too scared to stand up and fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar