This is why BA moved out of cow town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My only question - when the hell do we finally see the relocation of the car dump?

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol Bredesen could not afford to take on that crap heap. Probably there too stay IMO

4. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

The Texans are at #9. Last time I checked thats way better then 24th. So how was that a good move?

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, the Texans are worth significantly more than the Titans. I fail to see how it was a good move. The Titans are one of the least valuable NFL franchises.

You could argue it was a necessary move, but it wasn't one that Bud made a killing on.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Oilers were NEVER going to get that Billion dollar stadium and you know it.

Fact is that the 24th most valuable sports franchise in the world is in Middle Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

And the fact is the Texans are at #9. I'm sure you know the story behind the Oilers leaving Hou. so I wont go into it. But I will admit that the Titans being ranked at 24 is pretty good when you consider the size of your market.

Bud would have eventually gotten his stadium. All he had to do was not be a D$CKHEAD for a few years and wait for a new mayor to be elected.

But to say it was a shrewd business deal is nuts....

8. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

What is this car dump you speak of?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no way BA gets THAT stadium deal.

Only reason Houston built that palace is because they realized they wanted/needed/whatevered an NFL franchise. And the NFL promised that if they built it the NFL would come.

BA would not have gotten that deal so from a business standpoint it was a good move for BA. But it was an excellent move for Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

do a google search and right across the street of the stadium is a huge metal processing plant that has been there for like a century. I still call it Steiner-Liff, but I really don't know what its called anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar