This is NOT year one of re-building

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

nice.. couldn't have said it any better myself

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

do me a favor and add my name to that list too.

Sometimes its more difficult to sit back and not do much, than it is to run around and do too much.. Its smart that we let our medium skilled players drain out of our franchise only for us to get back on track after the waves have settled and get our hands on the real talent out there in the positions we need the most..

I'm not so happy that Henry is released, however i'm sure we'll be a contendor next season..(assuming Pac is back, and we're not plagued by injuries)

Mark this post and bring it up again next December.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You won't, we're the level headed ones that keep it together all year round.

Moaning about Schwartz however is excusable.:grrhee:

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Boy, do I feel better now.

:rolleyes:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So true.

How many 8-8 teams finish dead last on defense and near the cellar in passing? Things aligned up nicely and we got some huge plays that I don't think anyone can count on being a consistent thing year after year.

But it sure was fun. :brow:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And me being there just topped it off. :grrhee:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's garbage. It is stat selection bias. If necessary, I could pull stats where we weren't near the bottom (eg- return yards, ST points, etc) and make a statement that THESE stats support our record.

The bottom line is that W-L's are the SUMMATION of all the team's stats. As the great coaches say "We are what we are."

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well you really cannot tabulate the 'Gunny effect' either.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bring it on, stat boy! :brow:

We did improve during that stretch run but it was from a horrible start and the improvement wasn't close to being enough to pull us out of the cellar on defense.

The passing game improved but look where it began.

If you look at that 6-1 run, see how the stats compare in each game. It isn't pretty.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We are what we are. The record is the SUM of ANY stats we pull.:geek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar