This Defense is not Good.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I like ham. Thank goodness I planned ahead for this eventually. Lots of good stuff to eat and drink. Merry Christmas!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

We're not bad. We're just not good. There is actually a difference.

That said, cheers to firing the staff.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Too bad we're not firing this staff.

This is what adds salt to the wounds. Makes me sick.

4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Goff was rarely pressured today, Gurley feasted on our defense on the ground and catching passes as he got over 100 yards in both categories. Jimmy G lit us up and torched us for career numbers. DLB defense has been weak for years. Our team just sucks on all fronts, defense and offense. I think players giving up on these dinosaur coaches.

5. Up_KD

Up_KD Starter

Lord have mercy on us.

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

As Jeff noted, there are many things we do well, especially STs. That said, our DBs are just awful at coverage and tackling. We had them stopped on 4th down but Gurley steps right out of a leg tackle (were you watching Henry?) and gets the first. Lots of shoulder checking too. We need some hitters. Cypien is a *****.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Naw. They are mediocre. They flash some good play. They look piss poor pathetic in others. Just when you think they've taken a step, they take two back.

I thought the offense did some better things today. But you can't have the one or two horrible plays by Mariota, stupid penalties, missed assignments, etc. The Titans are not good enough to beat most teams making these kinds of mistakes.

Though I would love to see a new coaching staff, there are some personnel improvements which have to be addressed along with improvement from players who have to be more consistent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Defense wasnt expected to be good anyway. We all thought we had a dynamic offense to overcome our defense, but oh well..

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We were without 2 of the top 3 CB's today. Team got gashed less than I expected.

Team needs more CB depth.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

And the defense giving up 37 points to SF and 36 to us is good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar