This Defense is not Good.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

SF and LA if our offense is consistently average, we win both games.

2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Can you not see that our defensive performance might be a bit better if they were not on the field the whole game because our offense cant move the ball?

Noone is saying the defense is great, but they are not the reason we are 8-7. If this offense was fixed we would be a 10-12 win team right now and everyone would be happy. Well everyone except those that have to have something to ***** about like those those that constantly complain abouy our defense right now. Could it be better? Yes, always. Has the p played good enough for us to win the division this season? Yes, the offense is the problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the defense is good. Any argument about the Ravens and the Jags or whoever is irrelevant because multiple defenses can be good. I would say half the teams in the league have a "good" defense. It is a really common word.

I think the D can be a lot better. We need playmakers. We need DB depth. We need to defend short/intermediate passes better. The defense did struggle a few games, but for the most part we are 12-3 and maybe even 13-2 if the offense played like many here expected.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Or in both games, the better our offense does, the more opportunities for the defense to let Gurley or the 9ers to keep scoring.
    Nothing in either game makes me think the D was every going to show up.
    Your argument here is that if the offense can prevent the other teams offense from getting on the field, we win.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

No, my argument is the offense lack lack of scoring points is the reason we are not winning. We had 1st and goal from the one inch line and fail to score a td.
    In SF and AZ, we constantly have 3 and outs putting our d back on the field over and over. Unnaturally more stats will be put on our d when that happens.
    At this point im actually not sure what argument you and fry are attempting to make. What i am saying is football 101, its really not a difficult concept.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That makes zero sense. We lead the league in 3 and outs and are one of the worst in turnovers. Us holding the ball longer and giving the opposing team worse field position would give the other team more chances?

7. HurrayTitans!

That the defense isn't good. Alright maybe, but not good.

A bad offense makes a defense worse and vice versa, so chicken and egg based on where this is going.

It's all pretty much agreed that coaching is a huge problem. The roster itself has some holes but to what the full extent is, we'll never know without a different coaching staff.

I don't think the D is very good.
    Need better pass rush, better LB coverage, and at least another CB for depth and replacement for cyprien who sucks.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The defense stopped 6 drives against LA. That's going above and beyond for a defense missing 2 of their top 3 CBs.

9. HurrayTitans!

no, just more stats and yards and probably points.

The point was the D wasn't stopping either team.
    Again, a good defense isn't formed from the offense just preventing them from needing to be on the field.
    The balance back and forth is chicken/egg conversation. Who's hurting who more?

We may be up there in TO by why does that have to mean being near the bottom in takeaways?

10. HurrayTitans!

guess it's a good thing they had a 40% TD rate then. Good job D!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar