This Chip Kelly thing seems to be growing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

....some legs.
    Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly: Should he stay or should he go? - Philadelphia Eagles Blog- ESPN
    Schefter: "Signs seem to be piling up against a Chip return"

As long as he isn't given the role of GM, too...and hopefully he has the good sense NOT to try and fix what ain't broke, on defense (keeping LeBeau and Horton)...I'd be all in on Kelly.

With him having his ultimate protoge at QB (would love to try and trade Mettenberger to Washington for RGIII, as a backup). People forget, Kelly was fairly successful the previous 2 seasons...without a QB that fits his system. And all the talk about how changing offenses can be damaging to a young NFL QB....MM8 knows Kelly's offense better than he knows Whisenhunt's. So, there is that. He can hit the ground running, whereas, bringing in a Hugh Jackson or someone else might set Mariota back a bit.

• High Five x 3
    • WTF?! x 2
    • Boring x 2
    • Troll x 2
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Let him go back to college

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Just watching the bengals this year, i think jackson wpuld design around mm rather than putting him into a "system". He's starting to grow on me, along with kelly. Both of them would be great pickups, if we keep the d staff.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chip is going to LSU or USC.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Pass. I'm tired of the FO bringing in unsuccessful staff (and players) thinking that they'll perform better here.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd be good with this as long as he isn't GM.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Since we have an opening, I think we'd be stupid not to take a crack at letting him run the show with MM8, and a few big WR's in Hunter and DGB +Wright and Walker. Plus, if he keeps Lebeau and Horton, he only has to shore up the offense.

He has the weapons...we just need a solid RT. This team is more suited, personnel-wise to Kelly than what he has in Philly. The guy had an awesome track record at Oregon, and was successful the previous 2 seasons, at Philly...I just think he'd need to consult with Lebeau on how to adapt his offense to the NFL, so it can sustain success over the long haul...not just a year or two, until DC's figure out how to stop it.

• Boring x 2
    • Troll x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The good news is we don't have any playmakers for him to randomly ship off.

• LOL LOL x 6
    • High Five High Five x 5
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Everyone saying he will go to college...

Don't you think he wants a chance with another NFL with Mariota as his QB? And I'm sure he would want to shove it in Eagles faces they made a mistake letting him go. I think he would have a lot of motivation to succeed in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

He had success the previous 2 seasons, at Philly. He has a QB problem now that Bradford went down, and Sanchez is proving to not be a suitable fill-in...just as Mettenberger let a lot of people down, this season.

Kelly has all he needs here, to run his system...just needs a major upgrade at RT (draft OT Tunsil in the 1st), and maybe a bell cow RB...if Cobb doesn't show out the rest of the season.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar