The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by The Playmaker, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I think the issue is the mystery and suspense is gone, plain and simple.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Except for what happened to Phineas... the kid at the end.

So, there's that.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But like, is the mystery and suspense gone from Boardwalk Empire because it is a mob show during the early 1900s? Is the mystery and suspense gone from Game of Thrones because it is a fantasy show set in a mythical land?

I'll play devil's advocate. The problem is the characters. If someone doesn't care about the characters, I don't think the setting or any amount of "new" twists will make much difference.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

you damn right moottthhhaaaffuuukkkkaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't watch either so I can't make an argument.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I didn't love the premiere but didn't hate it either. Last season was extremely disappointing IMO (especially given all the hype surrounding the Governor and the prison). So disappointing in fact, that I hadn't even been paying enough attention to realize that the premiere was even airing until about a 5 hours prior. And when I found out I just thought "Oh cool", rather than the usual intense anticipation.

I did like the scenes with Rick and the crazy lady. And the trip to the store with all the zombies on the roof was good fun. It'll be interesting to see where this season goes with all the new dynamics going on. I'll likely watch this series for as long as it's on. But thus far, I've become less and less invested in it with each passing season. Hopefully this season changes that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I definitely agree that the governor did not translate well (of course the actions and characters are very different than the comics) to the screen. And seasons 2 and 3 were just ok.

Hell maybe that's why I liked the S4 premiere so much, because it seemed like a vast improvement from the last couple seasons.

Comics >> TTG Walking Dead Game >>>>>> TV show.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. Granted I haven't read the comics (keep meaning to), but all I heard over and over from everyone who had read them was how the Governor is such an amazing villain and how "crazy it's gonna get" at the prison. I just kept watching each episode like "I'm not sure this is the same Governor everyone was talking about". We did get to see more of his brutal side toward the end of the season, but IMO it was just too slow of a burn for not enough of a payoff.

S3 should have been far and away the best of the series, with the Gov, the prison, Woodbury Michonne, etc. But it fell flat on its face IMO. It was my least favorite season. And I didn't think there was anywhere to go but up after the farm.

And yeah the Telltale WD game was amazing.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It should have been everything your friends said.

They definalty wuzzed out with The Govenor

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

If you liked their WD game... You should check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Among_Us

amazing. I just wish they would release an entire game at once. Episodic **** is torture with a quality game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar