The value of a fourth-rounder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though it might escalate to a third, let's look at how Reese has done with fourth-round picks the last decade up to 2003:

DE Kendrick Burton
    T Jon Runyan
    WR Derrrick Mason
    DE Pratt Lyons
    DT Joe Salave'a
    S Brad Ware
    CB Donald Mitchell
    S Bobby Myers
    LB Peter Sirmon
    WR Justin McCareins
    CB Mike Echols
    CB Tony Beckham
    LB Rocky Boiman
    DT Rien Long

We have some a few really good players in that mix along with some duds but the majority were productive. Any chance to get something for McNair is better than nothing and you can bet whoever Reese takes with the pick will be part of a Titans trivia question.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Unless we trade it to Detroit for two 5th rounders and a 7th, then the trivia question will get a little big tougher. :ha:

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Better than he's done with Rnd 2...at least, lately.

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I am glad also to see us get something instead of nothing. Like Eddie before him, I wished they both would have taken less and stayed. Thus they could have retired as the best in the NFL, a Titan. Now the "when will Vince take over" rumors will start. Thanks Steve for the memories.

5. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Productive you must be crazy

How can you say those 4th rounders are productive in comparison to Mac. Those are ghosts of Xmas past most of them hardly broke the starting line up.
    Bad situation bad draft pick. Runyan and Mason 2 for 14 not a good percentage.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No one said these guys were to be compared to McNair.

A fourth is a lot better than nothing.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I still find it hard to believe that we couldn't get at least a third rounder for Mac. I gues it's better than nothing but seems kind of crappy to me.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Broken Record, I was the one that went on record as saying there would be no trade. Well, to my delight, I was wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2377267

this is what a fourth rounder can get you these days.:rolleyes:

I think we got reamed.
    Still, can't complain.
    Beats the heck out of being right.

I'm glad this is kinda over.

9. smili

smili Starter

Heck, that list may be as good as a list of 3rd rounders we've had. Pretty solid.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Someone gotta list of third rounders?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar