The ugly truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 10, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Almost, they need to make coaching changes.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Jax is the largest population in florida, and the largest city Land-Wise in the USA, outside of Alaska (But who's counting them anyway)

More people than Miami, Tampa, you name a florida city.. less people than Jacksonville.

Fun fact... but the place is a poo-hole.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The city of Jacksonville, yes. That isn't how you quantify sports markets, though.

Metropolitan Jacksonville is the 40th largest market in the US and not in the top 3 in Florida. There is no one (other than you, I guess) who would argue that Jacksonville is a large sports market. It's decidedly small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_metropolitan_area

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Well... I guess the nfl made the same mistake. Of course it's a bad sports market even though it's a large city.

And even then, population size is not the most important factor. Hence LA failing twice.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been boycotting concessions for a long time now. I'll still go to the games.

Tomorrow night will be the first time I ever walk into one of our games completely ****faced... this is what it's come to.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Also the highest bath salt snorting, face eating cannibals per capita than anywhere else in the world. Well.... aside from Liberia.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

move the team to LA

new ownership, FA's would line up to play in the market...

JK. But not really.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

When the NFL awarded Jacksonville a franchise, pretty much everyone did a big WTF. It hasn't exactly been a huge success.

The Titans aren't moving before the Jags. The Tarp Kitties are the canary in the mine. When they move, then maybe people in Nashville can worry a bit if they want. Until then, you guys have nothing to worry about.

8. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Well, the owner may look for the cheap way out, I don't know. But I do know there are giveaways every week, and not something cheap. I get quality stuff every time I go to a game, where I have gotten "Terrible Rags" at a Pittsburgh game, a pack of cran-raisens at New England, and a pencil eraser at Jacksonville. I have gotten quality, 4x stitched good looking car flags that cost 15-20 in the stores around the corner and have lasted for years with little wear in Nashville. Plus, the PSLs and ticket prices are some of the lowest in the league. While other teams raise prices across the board, the Titans prices haven't moved.

They may not go out in free agency and make a boom, but you can't argue that they aren't active in free agency. They find very high quality players on the market and in the draft.

I have let my PSLs go, but only because of a recent engagement and needing to put my money elsewhere. I will most certainly continue to support the team from NC and make it to Nashville for a home game and 1 other city for an away game every year.

The one thing I will never do is buy a jersey again. I have over who knows how many hundreds of dollars of field-ready jerseys and they let my guys go the very next year after I buy them. hahaha Now, I have shaved my head bald and go to the game without a shirt on. I paint a helmet and facemask on my head and a jersey of a current Titan on my body. :p

9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Although, one thing that scares me alot is when Bud passes. Then, when his son is in charge, you will see this thing ran with little or no passion for the sport and as a for profit business and ran into the ground.

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

For starters it's his grandson, his son is dead. Have you met his grandson? What makes you think he'd want to move besides a random assumption? He graduated from Sewanee less than an hour away from TitanTown and is a reasonably nice guy given his circumstances, I know this firsthand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar