The Tough Life of an International Tennessee Titans Fan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you know its really all a subliminal message promoting Reynaldology...muahhaha :brow:

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

So that explains my sudden intense desire to grow dreadlocks.

3. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I was left off the list and I'm a bit sad! :hmm:

4. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

My Survey

Your age and country:
    27 in 2 months (lol)...Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Main Sports in your country:
    Lacrosse (National Sport), Hockey (Obsessed Passion), Curling, Canadian Rules Football, Basketball (Invented by a Canadian)

How did you get into football:
    Living here in Canada, I avoided becoming a Canadian football fan because I realized the league is not competitive. NFL games are televised and I made a decision to watch NFL over CFL.

When did you start following the Oiler/Titan franchise?
    I have cousins who live in Houston, Texas. I went to visit them in December of 1989, and there my cousin took me to a game against the division rivals at the time Bengals, and he bought me Oiler tshirts and sweaters, and brainwashed me. I also loved Warren Moon's style of football.

Are the Titans your favourite sports team?
    I try and not to play favourites with all my major sports teams (Titans, Lakers, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Toronto FC), BUT I think I always favour the Los Angeles Lakers just because basketball is my favourite sport and I have liked the Lakers longer than the Titans by a few more years (1987).

Have you ever been to an Oilers/Titans game?
    I told you above that I went to an Oiler/Bengal game back in the Astrodome in 1989 season. I haven't been to a game since they have become the Titans because obviously we don't have an NFL franchise here in Toronto (though right after LA, I think we should) but this season I will be attending the Buffalo Bills vs Titans game in Orchard Park, N.Y.

How do you maintain your interest in the Titans/NFL when you live a good distance away from the United States?
    My distance isn't that far from the USA. Sites like Gotitans.com, NFL.com, Titansonline.com, and NFL Network; they all help me stay current on Titan news. It's amazing that the Titan fans from Europe on this site are interested in the Titans and not into the NFL Europe teams, or maybe they love them both.

Do you get televised Titans/NFL (live or delayed) where you live?
    When MAC got his Co-MVP award, that year I had NFL Sunday Ticket, and I would just watch all the Titan games, my dad would get mad cause he's a Bills fan, and at the time, it was our own TV in the house, lol, that wa a great year fro the Titans. Before, I would just wait to watch a televised Titan game, now I go to a bar called WEGZ Stadium Bar and there they show every game, so my friends and I just sit wherever our favourite team's tv is showing the game.

What time are the Titan games (live) where you live?
    1pm Eastern or sometimes 4pm Eastern

That was fun! :lol:

5. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

That was a great read. It's nice to get the perspective of die-hard fans from abroad. I think the most interesting thing was almost everyone mentioned that the sport is growing in popularity and participation around the world. Thanks for the insight fellow fans.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

In spain it first grew a lot, then went down, and now is picking up...

there have been created a cuople more teams this last month very close to me (100 miles) which is really really good news.

Thanks Gunny for the effort and for fixing my grammar :winker:

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

BTW, there is one thing I miss Gunny.

¿Why didn´t you answer those questions too? (I know u probably didn´t want to look too me me me, but c´mon we all want to know about our popular guy on the board)

Bring it on!

8. danny

danny Guest

Nice article Gunny

9. Didn't know the Dutch were into handball

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never heard of Handball until those questions and Vigsted told me about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar