The Titans moving forward

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Msut10, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

We're still in the hunt for the playoffs. While this loss didn't help, it didn't eliminate us either. We have some things to think about moving forward

1) I think we have to question who should start next week at QB? Jake Locker showed he can provide a spark to the offense and nearly pulled off wins against two tough teams (ATL, NO) when all had seemed lost with Hass. The last few weeks we've seen a decline in Hasselbeck's production. See below:

WK OPP RESULT Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int
    11 @ATL L 17-23 13 25 52.0 124 5.0 0 1
    12 TB W 23-17 19 34 55.9 160 4.7 1 2
    13 @BUF W 23-17 16 25 64.0 140 5.6 0 0

From: http://www.nfl.com/player/matthasselbeck/2501078/profile

Then there was this week where he went 5 for 7 for 44 yards but left with the calf injury. You could attribute the weather in the game against Tampa Bay but at the end of the day your still as good as your record. MH has also gone down to injuries a few times this year, while none of them severe, it still takes him out of games.

Jake Locker has made some mistakes and looked like a rookie at times but I think with a weeks practice as the starting QB and a little more in game time that will go away. Many times it looks like the timing isn't quite there with WR's at times but thats just reps. I think coming into the games vs ATL & NO have really boosted his confidence but still managed to humbled him in a way. He's done well but hasn't been able to finish (Which isn't all his fault). I really think these losses will make Jake Locker work even harder. Letting him finish these last few weeks and possible into the playoffs if we make it won't hurt him imo. He needs reps more than anything, so why not give it to him?

2) The Defense has really improved lately. Holding the Saints to 22 points is no small task. We don't have the most talented defense, but at this point we're definitely serviceable. With that said, I'm really impressed with Klug and our secondary. Feels good to know that we have some depth at CB too, ATV is always around the ball.

3) Well I don't think I need to say much about Palmer.. pretty self explanatory lol :sad2: But as bad as he's been, I really doubt he gets cut loose after the season. Its sad but I just don't see Munch pulling the trigger.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think we play Locker until we are officially out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans_Canes

Titans_Canes Camp Fodder

locker gives us a better chance to win. he brings something to a huddle that tebow brings. he doesnt allow his team to come out flat. he makes things happen with his energy.

4. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

Alterraun Verner is a beast. we need to get him in the game more. Jake Locker looked great today - not the best stats, but he's got that 'it' factor. He's tough and willing to do what it takes to get a win against the second best team in the league. While we lost, i feel more confident about the Titans from this game than I have with a whole bunch of the games that we actually won so far. And as far as completion percentage - the Saint played some good man on man defense and did a good job of getting in Locker's face. but he still gave us a chance to win it.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Based on the Titans losing the two games he's been thrown into? Good call.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Out of high fives, so you get a
    :beer2:

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You guys can't seriously blame Locker for those 2 losses. He's the main reason we were even in either of those games.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No one blamed him for anything. Geez! Here we go.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I didn't blame him for anything. Actually winning games is a prerequisite to being labeled a "winner" though.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar