The Titans have offered a contract to former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

lmao

You people are actually butthurt over not getting....HIM.

Mr. Druggie?

Seriously?

wow we're in worse "fan shape" then I thought. :ha:

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you cant say he is a druggie unless he does it again while playing in the NFL. Jones comes from a nice honest family. He just been hanging around the wrong people. He might not ever do drugs again. but i dont think it's right to call him a druggie before the season starts. the past is the past. Thats why the Titans was going to give him a shot.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Good News Guys!

Two Bengals team sources tell Yahoo's Jason Cole that the team signed Matt Jones despite an awful workout.

"It was one of the worst workouts I have ever seen," one of the sources said. "I don't care how fast his 40 time is or was, he's a slow-twitch athlete." The other source complemented Jones' size, but said he no longer has the speed to be a deep threat. This was our analysis as well. Jones' best route is the slant, where he can use his size, but he's no longer the down-field playmaker that the Bengals need. He's no lock to make the final roster in September.

Good thing he signed with the Bengals didnt know he lost his speed, but now im worried if the Bengals cut him, the Titans will be there to give him a home.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's somewhat distressing that the Titans offered this guy a contract when there are people with the Bengals who are trashing him. Teams never come out and trash guys they just signed. Why the heck would the Titans want to sign someone who even the Bengals think is crappy?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Wow...seven pages of posts on the pros and cons of signing MATT JONES. It most certainly is the offseason.

To me its pretty simple....he was out of football for substance abuse reasons. We offered him money to come back for us, the Bengals offered him more money. He took more money. I personally have not lost a minute of sleep throughout this whole "ordeal".

When is labor day weekend again???

I am sorry to hear that PacMan has lost it....what an absolute waste of talent. Tragic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar