The Titans have offered a contract to former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many people who don't want us to take a cheap chance on matt jones were also the ones who thought mike williams was going to be a stud?

Mike Williams was released by 2 teams one in mid season and there were people on this board who thought it was a great pickup for us. At least matt jones can play some.

We took a chance on other WRs nobody wanted with good results. Gage was a one year $1M deal in 2007 and we got Bobby Wade off the junk heap and got some production out of him.

Bring him in, kick the tires and if they don't like what they see send him packing.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone recall a WR who took a full season off to return as an effective player?

I hear Plex may be out soon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

I wouldn't mind signing him. I think he could be better than Gage if he could get close to his 2008 form. I bet he goes to the Bengals though.

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I would rather see us sign LB Antonio Pierce who was released by the Giants yesterday. Although, I wouldn't mind Matt Jones either.

Could he be less productive than Edison or Williams or would he be an upgrade? I think his versatility should be a factor. Beside receiver, he could play the part of 3rd QB or TE so we wouldn't have to necessarily tie up a spot on the practice squad. Might be a nice sign.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'd take a chance on pierce. He's a hard hitter.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

He signed with the Bengals.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

other than name recognition, pierce doesn't have anything more than stephen tulloch does at this point in his career.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tulloch is an absolute must sign. It would be tragic not to sign him he is so young. He just turned 25 and he can play the SAM spot if we were going to bring in a guy like Brackett.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'd take Tulloch over Pierce any day of the week. We have to resign him and Tony Brown or our D is in even more trouble.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Any starting caliber player who is under the age of 30 needs to get signed now!

That's Amano, Brown and tulloch.

We will obviously tender Lendale.

Dave Ball is a good utility guy to have so we should sign him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar