The Titans have named Jake Locker their starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He'll actually have to do it more than once a game for teams to care though, and I doubt he does.

And if he does, we'll probably see Hasselbeck again.

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

You make a good point, we need to focus an equal amount on the defense. Like you sad "pressures gonna be on defense" no way we'll keep up offensively with the Pats.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why would a team trade a 3rd round pick today for a guy who's retiring tomorrow?

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Dee-Dub rockin' the crystal ball today I see.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I didn't even think about that. I am gonna take that knowledge to my flag football team though!

Do you coach at all?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The Packers are interested which leads me to believe they have some concern about Aaron Rodgers and injuries. Maybe they don't want to throw a season away when they have such a good complement of players (by throwing the season away I mean if Rodgers goes down).

Maybe Vick goes down and the Eagles think the same. Or the Cardinals realize they have no real QB and would want a year with Beck.

It's all hypothetical, and I wouldn't get rid of Beck for less than that. But he could legitimately start on a number of teams this year, if someone said "we'll give you a 3rd" then why not listen?

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I think judging JL on his last two performances is wrong. Let the kid show what he can do over the next two weeks. Plus the staff was not gameplanning for Locker in those first two pre season games... they're not going to show the rest of the league all his plays! Going to be exciting to see how he'll do.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I miss being able to "It Sucks" Deuce Wayne's illogical posts.:disappointed:

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

More like let the kid show what he can do against the Patriots. Preseason is not the best way to judge Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Excuses, excuses, excuses... :stfu:
    Are you really giving Hass that Texans game? :biglaugh:

If the Texans would have shown up that game we would have been 8-8, and had no shot at the playoffs. Well, maybe we would have had a better shot if Hass would have shown up to the Colts game. And remember, with the same exact team against the same exact opponents, Locker out performed Hass on every occasion. He moved the ball down the field better and he scored more points. Hasselbeck's play declined big time last year (he was terrible at times), and this year he just picked up where he left off. The coaches see that, and most everyone else sees that except you and a few other biased posters. Just give it up. He's done!

Hasselbeck sucked against good teams last year! What makes you think he was going to beat the good teams on our schedule this year? He wasn't! He's another year older, still injury prone as ever, and He hasn't shown for a second that he still has what it takes to beat the good teams in this league! If our schedule was full of teams like the Browns and Rams, then fine, but IT'S NOT! If you think Hass would have beaten the Patriots, Lions, Chargers, Texans x2, Steelers, Bears, & Packers, then you're just wrong. That's 8 losses right there, and you can throw in a couple of Colts-like games that he doesn't even show up to. Have wouldn't have come out of this season with a winning recored if he came out at all. He can not consistently produce in the NFL anymore at this point in his career. As a back-up, fine. But as our starting QB, There's no way I was ever going to support that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar