The Titans have contacted the Cardinals about Anquan Boldin.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Just being alive makes you aging.

I was against going after Boldin because of the contract we would have to give him, but I'm kinda warming up to the idea now. How much would we have to pay our 1st and 3rd, or even 1st and 2nd, round picks? You could subtract that from Boldin's contract. We might be giving up one or two potential starters, but we'd be gaining a sure fire star and go-to receiver for the next 5 or so years. Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If somehow we actually got Boldin i dont think anyone here would be crying about it.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If it costs us something that we can't afford to lose, yeah, I will be crying about it.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

blah you have to learn to let go of some things. it's our time to have a great wr. stop trying to find every reason in the book not to have one. most Titan fans are really getting tired of coming up short at WR every single season.

we have 10 draft picks, give up 2 for Boldin and if our scouts are good we should be able to add depth. we are going to lose key players next season regardless.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I understand that but it doesn't make any sense to go just window shopping.
    Now isn't the time for dilly-dallying MR!

I'm sorry but Q/Gage/Washington would be a trio that if you tried to double cover one of them, the other two have the talent to get WFO. Trust me, Q will get enough attention to where Gage and Washington would give opposing secondaries fits.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Every year we keep saving draft picks, spending carefully, and picking and choosing which players to let walk and which ones to re-sign. Those are all great except when we have the best record in the league, and get sent packing come playoff time. We are improving yes, but we live in a microwave society, we want it now!!!

I for one am tired of playing it safe, eating healthy, exercising everyday, going to church, and brushing my teeth at night. Saving for a Rainy Day is a crock of SH-T when it comes to Football.

I say throw caution to the wind, worry about that S-it later and offer the cards a 1st & 3rd, bring in Boldin, and lets see where that gets us!!!!!!

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we are just updating our files

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I bet you wouldn't be crying if we gave up those draft picks for Boldin and won the Super Bowl this season.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Titans know they can get Chad, Braylon or a lesser WR for the price of bacon grease. I just don't see them doling out what AZ wants for Boldin..

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think Arizona would take a top 20 1st rnd pick for Boldin. The problem is, no one wants to give up that level of draft pick and then make Boldin the highest paid WR in the league...and I'm not kidding. We offered AH 11mil to make him the highest paid DT in the league...not the best defensive player....and he IS one of the best defensive players! And our team is built around defense and our D was built around him!

Our offense runs through CJ...not a WR. If we make Boldin the highest paid WR (which is what he wants and WHY he wants out of arizona...who, btw, have the cap space to do it themselves...but even THEY don't think he's worth that and THEY have a pass happy offense), it will mean losing more of our starters next year...especially on defense! Defense wins championships...not $10mil/yr WR's.

The ONLY way he'd be worth it is if they changed the offense to be pass 60%...not run 60%....and stopped drafting 3rd string guys to ride the bench for 2 years (ala Craig Stevens).

I think if a team offers a first...they'd think hard and long about moving him.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar