The Titans defense post-Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Is there a rule against strapping a giant bag of potatoes on a DT's back?

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

If I understand you, you think we need to focus on DL and CB in rnds 1 and 2 and get a FA WR, yes?

Are you aware that Matthews is 240lbs??? He's NOT gonna be playing DE in our scheme. So who's our DL in rnd 1?

Gut

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

I believe I've explained why the Titans are not gonna flip flop between a 4-3 and 3-4 D nor switch to a 3-4 D as our main D. Cecil has already said this. Do you think Matthews is gonna come in here and play DE for us at 240lbs? That's about 20-25lbs too light to get to be a 'light' DE.

Your post doesn't sound like you're aware that...Haynesworth signed the biggest deal in FA, our two best DT options are already signed (both to the Giants), the Jets traded for a CB and signed one of the best ILB's, Dawkins signed with the Broncos, ect. A lot of defensive players have been on the move!!!

If we get a DT it looks like it will have to be a Jovan Haye or an old plugger!

Gut

4. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

i don't mind the move at all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar