The Titans are like a box of chocolates.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Irrelevant.

2. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I'm not confident I'm a realist and the reality is if the Titans lose on Sunday it'll be their own d*** faults especially with Kno-Show Moreno out for the game.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Homers amuse me...

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Appalachian State Mountaineers football amuses me

5. Deuce Wayne

Still? They amused me for one game.

They're joining the BCS it seems... should be interesting.

6. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

This is what you get
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

If we're homers, then what exactly are you? You're certainly not a realist.

We are 6 point favorites! Why do you have to be a homer to pick your favorite team to win a game that they are 6 point favorites in???

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Arcane, just change your status. Seriously. I am high on the Titans, expecting us to win 10-11 games. You're down on us, expecting us to win 15 games. Simply impossible. You'll have to change it at least four times.

Are you never not negative about us?

Being confident in beating a mediocre team on our home field does not mean you are a homer. If you think Vince is a top 5 QB in the league, you're a homer. If you think your team should beat a mediocre team at home, you're logical.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G3kHiMg2TvM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G3kHiMg2TvM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

We're 6 point favorites?

The New York Giants were 3 pt favorites and lost by 20.

I'm a realist knowing that Jeff Fisher ALWAYS gives this team a great chance to lose. No matter who we play- we'll give them every chance to win the game.

We have no defensive line. We're starting a rookie corner. Albeit a good one, but still a rookie corner.

It's funny how I'm "not a realist" yet most the time when I expect us to lose- we lose. Same with any other of my favorite teams. I laughed as people told me how 'easy' UM had it this week. IU did exactly what I said they would.
    You can analyze your team and find the matchup problems. Not hard.

Eli Manning (doofus) threw for 386 yards against us. Before that, Eli threw for 161 vs the Colts (20th Pass D) and 263 vs the Panthers (13th Pass D).

Kyle Orton passed for 476 yards vs the Colts. (remember, Eli had 161)

Denver has given up 5 sacks. 12 QB hits. Comparing that to our other opponents:

Raiders: 9 sacks. 15 QB hits.
    Steelers: 7 sacks. 11 QB hits.
    Giants: 7 sacks. 12 QB hits.

So with that, I'd say a safe bet is 1 sack... 2 at most vs a team that's 1st in passing in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar