The Titan Opponents Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I really like the "Official Off season Thread" where we collect a ton of info on our team and discuss how the news effects our team.

I wanted to make a dedicated thread to post news and updates of our Opponents this year so we can discuss how this will effect our team and ultimately our season. As a refresher here is a list of our 2012-2013 NFL Opponents:

Week 1 - Home - New England
    Week 2 - Away - San Diego
    Week 3 - Home - Detroit
    Week 4 - Away - Houston
    Week 5 - Away - Minnesota
    Week 6 - Home -Pittsburgh
    Week 7 - Away - Buffalo
    Week 8 - Home - Indianapolis
    Week 9 - Home - Chicago
    Week 10 - Away - Miami
    Week 11 - BYE
    Week 12 - Away - Jacksonville
    Week 13 - Home - Houston
    Week 14 - Away - Indianapolis
    Week 15 - Home - New York Jets
    Week 16 - Away - Green Bay
    Week 17 - Home - Jacksonville

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Jahvid Best (concussions) has still not been cleared for contact.
    Per coach Jim Schwartz, "there is still a hurdle to go" before Best gets the full-go from trainers. It's possible he starts camp out on the active/PUP list. Considering Best's last concussion was sustained nine months ago, there's some reason for concern here. We're anxious to see if he'll be allowed to play in preseason games.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

I'm really liking this. If Detroit doesn't have a run game then they become very one dimensional. Our pass rusher improves just the slightest and I think this game becomes a W!​

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Yeah! Now we just have to worry about that one Calvin Johnson guy...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Free agent Joseph Addai failed his team physical before being released by the Patriots Wednesday.
    Addai may have taken his role for granted after signing a one-year contract that included $125,000 in guarantees back in May. But at age 29 with little left in the tank, being in tip-top shape was imperative for the ex-Colt. Addai won't attract heavy interest on the open market.

Source: ESPN Boston

With the Addai project failing and their lose of Green-Ellis Pat may hurt at the run game but with little negative effect to their overall game.​

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Patriots signed TE Visanthe Shiancoe to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
    Profootballtalk reports Shiancoe will receive $400,000 guaranteed and can make another $800,000 in incentives, typical of a veteran signing just prior to training camp. The addition of Shiancoe suggests the Patriots aren't counting on Daniel Fells (leg) to contribute any time soon. The Eagles, lacking veteran depth at the position, had also offered Shiancoe a contract. Don't look for fantasy value behind Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez in New England.
    Related: Vikings, Eagles

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter

I'm not too sure how to think about this. On one hand I think it speaks a lot about Gronk's injury and readiness for week 1. I know from Vikings fans that Shiancoe wasn't that good at all. So hopefully this means an easy time covering Pat's TEs!

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Honestly with a one dimensional offense and a decent pass rush we just need to double on Johnson leaving Stafford with little to no weapons. I can't remember but didn't their Defense take a nice hit too?

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well.. they still have a few others... Pettigrew, Burleson and Titus Young if I recall...

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think you put the best corner on Titus Young, one on one, then double or even tripple Johnson. Hopefully, Zach Brown or someone can handle Pettigrew solo.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think this thread would be a huge success if we took it one week at a time. You're looking too far ahead IMO talking about a Lions player. Why not discuss the Seahawks? We do play them in two weeks you know...

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As for worrying about Calvin Johnson, don't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar