The slide has been coming for a long time.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Never heard of that guy..

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

This sounds like it's going to be a problem... CJ after the game:

We can't let CJ go down the same road as VY.

3. murrayky

murrayky Camp Fodder

We need to move on. The smash mouth approach of coach Fisher won't win a super bowl. We need creative minds on both offense and defense. our play calling is terrible!!
    Coach fisher and Vince need to be gone.
    Someone suggested Holmgren and that sounds like an excellant choice.

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I have been both a VY supporter and, minus two exceptions when Fisher's stubborness threatened our seasons and Adam's had to step in, a Fisher supporter. That said, I actually believe it its time to clean house and enter a true rebuilding mode. Honestly, three years of rebuilding under w/a fresh attitude would be easier to accept than the drama and mediocrity.

VY has great talent, but he's also childish enough I wouldn't put it past him to have rooted for the Texans yesterday.

Fisher has great coaching ability, but his refusal to address problems until they have spiraled out of control and his loyalty to subpar coaches and players has had a toll on this team.

I, for one, am ready to endure some rough years to go in a new direction.

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Sorry! Spelling is a wonderful thing. Bill Cowher.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why play him during garbage time. Why get him hurt when the game was out of reach. CJ needs to stop dancing so much and just hit the hole.

7. Sandman62

Sandman62 Camp Fodder

I think its time for a new approach from a QB standpoint as well as a new coach. My only problem with the coach thing is that I would hate to lose Washburn which is highly likely if Jeff goes elsewhere.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Garbage time? That was before halftime. Of course just after opening kickoff has become garbage time for this team. 7 carries is inexcusable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Everyone keeps saying this. And I'd really hate to lose guys like Wash and Munch too. But if those guys must go in order to bring in a new HC then so be it. They are definitely great position coaches. But are they really great enough to justify continuing to put up with Fisher's mediocrity? I certainly don't think so. Seems like a tradeoff worth making to me.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Good point! Washburn has turned average defensive lineman into good players time and time again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar