The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

So is most of our 2006 schedule! Miami, Dallas, Indy x 2, Jags x 2, Patriots, Washington, Baltimore(?). No reason to be concerned?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If there is a problem, the alarmists discover it first.

My major concern (apparently as others) is the defense had no execution, no scheme, no cohesiveness- basically was uncoordinated and as a result Denver's first and second unit had their way with our first/second unit. They played like the same defense we've seen THE PAST 2 YEARS. This is what is the major concern. If this were a "blip on the radar", you wouldn't see passionate posts.

Can it be fixed-sure. How? There's the rub. Different people break it down different ways. At first we heard injuries-people healed, no improvement. Then we heard salary cap, personnel. We got some excellent FA's and drafts. They didn't show much in the Denver game. Now we're hearing/seeing attitude, focus, motivation. For some reason, other teams don't seem to have these kind of problems to the degree that Titans do.

So what's left to analyze. IMO, the common denominator is the coaching. Anyway, if you're satisfied with the Titans defense then I guess it is a false alarm to post that changes need to be made.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I for one am going to settle down and focus on the Falcons game to be a better indicator of where we are heading for the season. I freaked out and if there is anyone that has flipped the proverbial wig it is me. The upcoming came is going to showcase our starters better than any other preseason game so I'm going to cool out and trust that Fisher will take care of what needs to be done whatever that may be. I love this team and I want to win.

4. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

We need attitude. I would love to see the Titans defense play with a chip on there shoulder.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I personally didn't care that we didn't see any schemes in the game. The goal is to evaluate talent. It's usually easier to do that with straight-up football. For whatever reason, the Broncos felt it was a dress rehersal for the regular season and felt the need to run some bootlegs, etc. Big whoop.

As I've said before, the alarm is when you see players dominated just matching up as happened many times in that game.

6. The thing is, our defense can only move on from here, the can look at what they did wrong, and sort it out. Thats how sport works, you lose heavily, you build from it. All this game showed me, was that the D looked weaker than I thought it would, I'm sure we will be much better against my Dad's beloved Falcons

You can only learn from your mistakes.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You CAN learn from your mistakes, but it's not a given that you WILL.

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

My thoughts exactly. I expect to see a lot better team on the field this Saturday. I like a win, but honestly I dont care. I'm more concerned with seeing effort.

9. TM

TM Starter

The sky may not be falling, but there apparently is a problem at least according to Bullock and Hope. And it's essentially the same problem that Bulluck complained about last year: lack of effort by certain players.

KB has called Fisher out in so many words and challenged him to act and correct the problem. Let's see if JF acts or tries to ignore it at his peril.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We now have 3 players on D pointing out a problem on D...

Bulluck last year, KB and Hope (saying practice should have been re-started several times). Obviously there is a problem! I don't see it getting fixed...do you?

And we're not talking about being out-schemed. We're talking about fundamental flaws that NO professional team...from Arena League on up should have! Of course there are some bad DC's out there, but I don't want one here.

The sky isn't falling, but the snowball is starting...first comes poor technique leading to blowouts....leading to lack of effort....leading to even star players making mistakes (to try and make up for everyone else) = BAD D and a BAD SEASON!

And it appears the Titans expect to win with a strong D, strong run game and the ocassional bomb. That won't work if the D avg's giving up 24+ points per game!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar