The Sandwich thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

do's and don't's...

favourites...

originals...

best spreads...

overrated...

no rules just a free form celebration of all things sandwichy.

Currently munching a slightly well done, grilled cheese, w/ aged american ched on fresh sundried tomato bread. Heinz Ketchup on the side (unbelievably I don't eat mustard with with my gc's).

I'm just going to start things off by going on the record with my stance against miracle whip on sandwiches. It's wrong, and I just won't stand for it.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Ketchup and mustard on a grilled cheese???!!! Now I know why I am American :)) ... it is just not right man.

Pastrami, Swiss, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato on wheat. Grill the bread meat and cheese. There is a sandwich my friend!

3. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Smoked turkey, avacado, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, monterey jack cheese, mayo and mustard on a fresh baguette from the local deli.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

ya big french pansy

:))

Unless someone has slipped some in on me on the sly, I've never had avacado on a sandwich. Monterey Jack has come out of nowhere to become a force in the sandwich world (honestly I think most of that is down to having a cool name and a good publicist).

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Avacado great to eat with just salt or I make the best guacamole with them.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Pastrami with mayo... okay isn't that just wrong? Admitedly I'm Canadian and as a result a little sheltered in the world of sammichry... but seriously pastrami and mayo... is that type of thing done nowadays... really?

PS: any chance to use "nowadays" is awesome.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am going to have to go with the French guy ... avocado and bacon are like peas and carrots.

Pastrami plus a little mayo is a good thing. Anyone who puts ketchup on GC has no right to talk about anyone's condiment choices sir. :moon2:

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'll give the whole bacon/avacado thing a whirl... always open to something new and tasty.

It's odd defending Ketchup, I'm not a big believer in the sweet red crap (hate it on burgers and dogs), but I like a little on the side of my plate to dip my grilled cheese in.

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

The Thanksgiving night sandwich: Turkey and everything that was for lunch on bread with mayo, salt and pepper.

I eat only one a year and I love it.

10. Prawn and mayo, nothing beats it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar