The Ryan Fitzpatrick hate thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RockyTop Fox, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That post warmed my heart. It's probably true to an extent as well.. most teams don't keep three active QBs, but having a third or fourth on the practice squad is always nice.

Some guys are fan favorites even though they suck.. if we're losing, I'd much rather put the Rifle in there, especially if Fitz is throwing the game away. Rusty plays with heart, and I'd rather lose with him than lose with Fitz. And Rusty could have a comeback or two in him too.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm catching up with "The League" and saw Fitz on an episode last night. As far as athletes go, I thought he did a pretty good job.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Man... Remember Billy Volek. Good times..

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

13/22 (48.5%) 185 yards 0TD 2INT

17/29 (46.8%) 171 yards 0TD 2INT

^ One of those stat lines is Locker's against the Rams and the other is Fitz's against Seattle. What a difference a win makes, huh?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Difference is, Jake doesn't throw to the opponent, his turnovers are on someone else.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Locker scored a touchdown against the Rams. Fitztragic didn't score against the Seahawks and we lost by 7. What a difference a score makes, huh?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Definitely fair points. Still I just think it's funny how there hasn't been a peep about Locker's performance (other than a bunch of excuses about poor blocking and receivers messing up) while the backup has 21-page hate thread. LOL

Don't get me wrong, I hope Fitzpatrick never has to take another snap for us. But the hate the guy got while going against 2 of the top 5 defenses in the league with no run game to lean on was pretty absurd and irrational IMO. Locker puts up the same type of numbers with a dominant run game and against a much weaker defense and it's crickets.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Finnegan held Nate on the 2nd INT, Jake let the ball go and Finnegan did Finnegan and cheated a little.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I feel the first INT to Finny was on Britt. He looked kinda lazy gettin to the ball. It seemed like Britt was waiting for the ball to come to him when he should have went for the ball. Agree? You damn well better!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No doubt Britt at the very least shares in the blame of the one INT. I'm not saying it's all on Jake. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of some of the people here when it comes to Jake vs. Fitz. I can't remember which game it was, but Fitz had an INT that was a tipped pass. Yet no one was blaming the receiver. It was just "FITZ THREW 2 PICKS OMG THAT GUY IS GARBAGE".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar