The Run Down:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

33 Pass Attempts.
    21 Run Attempts.

Average yards per pass: 5.48
    Average yards per rush: 4.16
    -
    1.32 yards per play difference.

*Houston is ranked #24 in Run Defense.

We've passed the ball over 30 times only 7 times this season. 2 of those 7 have been losses. The running game was clearly working, yet once again we decide to put the ball in Kerry Collins' hands. That's not 'managing the game'. Managing the game is what Kerry Collins can do. Leading a pass happy offense is something he can't do. Why we continue falling in to this trap is beyond me. We run to set up the pass, not vice versa. I think most our fans know this- why does our coach forget?

Do what works. Yes, it's Christmas time- and yes Houston has given us enough wins in the past that we probably owe them something, but wait til the offseason and give them Justin McCareins instead of giftwrap games that determine Home Field Advantage in the postseason.

Strategy is pretty simple. Do your job during the week, Fisher. Not just on Sundays.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can't disagree with that. If we were averaging 4 ypc, and Collins looked like he played crap, why do we throw?

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It seems when we throw more than we pass we don't win. There was a few times today when we would throw on first or 2nd down and then bam it's 3rd and 10.

4. Deuce Wayne

Even more confusing is - if we're going to throw, why force most the balls to our worst receiver? There were times when Brandon Jones was wide open, and we'd force it to Justin McCareins.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

when teams are commeted to stopping our run, i dont care what we do, we just cant run on them. in order to do that you have to have a every down power back like LT and Jacob Bell. we have White with bad Vision and CJ that goes down easy.

6. Deuce Wayne

Once again- the difference between passing and running was 1.32 yards per play. So YES, we CAN run on them nomatter what they try to do. It's the Texans.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What do you care? This wasn't a playoff game.

Besides we had over 80 yards rushing on a day when we needed to rush more. I hardly think the Texans shut down our run.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't get why we don't just play LaVelle....hell i'd have Mike Williams instead of McCariens.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Texans were in the bottom 1/3 against the run going into today's game...

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I just heard really bad news from James Brown on CBS...Haynesworth MCL injury, out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar