The return game is killing us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

How can we go about fixing this broken return game?

i haven't looked at the numbers yet, but I bet that not many teams average less return yards than us.....nor do they get backed up inside their own 10 yard line as much as us...

and being backed up inside our own 10 yard line is simply killing this offense....

b/c when it happens, you can be sure that the following sequence will occur....1st down run up the gut for 1-2 yards....2nd down run up the gut for 1-2 yards....3rd down and 7 pass....

the freaking defense knows what is coming.....against the colts, they pinned us deep...we ran twice in a row...then had collins throw the 3rd and ~7 yard pass to the 1st down marker, where the CB stayed and was mere inches from an easy pick-6....

and these penalties are making our putrid return game even worse....parlaying a short return into a negative one.....

chris davis is horrible.....we need Cortland back returning punts...

chris henry is horrible....he will catch it at the 2 and still can't make it past the 20....we need Grif back there....

well, what we really need is Pac....but oh well....

i say this while thinking back to the lost charger game where they were able to pin us inside the 10 many times....and never were we able to do anything....i remember Keith's quote about how when he saw the chargers down the punt inside teh 5, he knew teh defense was going to have to come back on the field quickly and hold the chargers with a short field.....

our return game right now is making our offense look worse than it already is and Chow's predicable play calling isn't helping matters....

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

:wakka:

They really miss Pac.

I've been complaining about their choice of return guys for a while now. They all suck so bad it's amazing.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i also think the special teams coach shares a load of the blame for our poor return game

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

quickly looked at footballoustiders...

7 teams have a worse Kick Return game....6 have a worse Punt Return game....

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

That's surprising.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Finnegan needs to be the PR. Barclay was the best KR

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Would help if Chris Davis wasn't fair catching the ball inside the 10yd line:nono:,let the damn ball bounce and let them try and make a play downing it. If they don't then 20yd line it is,things don't look as bad up there.Could be the differance in them having it at our 49 or inside their own 30.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I surely hope he got talked to for fair catching/fielding punts inside the 10. If he's reuturning punts Sunday and does that again, the Titans will not recover.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

particularly if he catches adn tries to run inside the 10....and a stupid penalty backs us up even further.....

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMdIOZxzgPs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FMdIOZxzgPs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar