The Rest of the Season..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Thankfully we have a bye next week. Which, I think is deeply needed. A win would of been amazing.. going into the bye 6-2 & beating a solid team. However, we're 5-3.. so all you fair weather fans buzz off. I'm tired of hearing "we suck" & "fisher sucks" after every loss. This bye week is deeply needed with all of our injuries; hopefully Britt, VY, Brown, and CJ (who I think has a hammy problem) can get 100%.

Let's look at our remaining schedule:
    @Miami (4-3)
    Washington (4-4)
    @ Houston (4-2)*
    Jacksonville (4-4)
    Indianapolis (4-2)*
    Houston (4-2)*
    @Kansas City (5-2)
    @Indianapolis (4-2)

*=Indy & Houston play MNF.. so someone is getting a loss.

So our remaining schedule has a combined record of 33-21.. It's not going to be easy. We NEED to win the AFC South to get to the playoffs. I don't think we'll be able to get in as a wild-card team. The AFC East & North are strong this year. We have a slim chance of making it as a wild-card team. Those conference games are going to be huge. I'm hoping we finish 10-6.

We need VY to keep playing hard, and staying healthy. His deep balls are getting alot better. Britt needs to stay on a roll, and keep healthy. If CJ can get it going.. we can EASILY win this division. And can we stop a 3rd down? What happened to our sack machines? ..The Colts & Texans both have some major injuries.

So let's get it going guys! Keep strong Titan nation, let's finish strong!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Glad you can be enthusiastic. I, too, think that we can pull it off.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We have a pretty good shot at winning every game, there's not gimmies either though.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Playing Indianapolis the final week of the season when they like to bend over and take it should help. I'd be shocked if we don't make the playoffs but for me it's about actually doing something when we get there.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

I dunno about winning every game, but I feel as though we can finish around 11-5. Not sure if that'll be enough to win the AFC South though. Texans are pretty overrated and the Colts are extremely banged up.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All of our games could go either way. Fisher needs to get these guys focused.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

We should beat everyone not named Indianapolis or that's just sorry.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The second half of the season is tougher than the first half. We have five of the eight games against division opponents. I think that Indy is much more beatable this year than in the past, with a less than stellar O line protecting Peyton this year, a suspect running game, and a defense that is a year older. Houston presents a matchup problem for us, IMO. As much as I hate to admit this, I see them as our primary competition to win the South (although after tomorrow night I may eat my words).

The two away games at Miami and Kansas City will be tougher than people think, although the lack of Denver or San Diego type of passing game from both teams will help us out.

My heart says that we will go 12-4, or 11-5, but my head thinks it will be more like 10-6 to 9-7. Like some have correctly posted, the loss to the Broncos could very well come back to bite us, hard.

That being said, I agree that all 2nd half games are winnable.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

All of our games could go either way. these guys needs to get Fisher focused.

FIFY

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

underestimating KC could be unwise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar