The real reason Billys gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes- but the dollars come after the performance. And payday discussion is not what you want to hear from someone you are counting on for locker room/team leadership. As a HC in charge of team chemistry, I completely understand why Fisher would not want this in the locker room.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

How about this: put yourself in his shoes, and let's just see if you never think about your paycheck.

The premise of this thread is silly.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You say that like BV was running around telling people daily that he was trying to cash in. Which he was not. He probably mentioned the payday thing once and probably in regards to VY being drafted and what he was going to do next.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, but when your next payday is dependant on how well you do your job, you're obviously going to worry about.

If your boss told you you'd get canned unless excelled in your work the next year, would just ignore that and work like you always had, or would you work harder knowing you'd be on your *** if you didn't?

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Billy was a wuss. He deserved what he got. He shouldn't have gone crying to Fish and Reese about a trade, at the drop of a hat, when there was some competition brought in. I don't blame the coaches for not wanting him. If I were a coach I wouldn't want that negativity on the team either.

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

What? Every player in the NFL playing on the last year of their contract looks at it as their "payday" year.

Plus are you serious? VY was drafted to be the starter. The qb was/is going to have to share snaps during the game with VY. Volek knew that at any time VY was going to get the starting job. If Joey Porter was brought to Tennessee and Bulluck is told it's for "competition" do you think Keith would be silent. Any body would know that while Keith is a good linebacker, the pro bowl linebacker from a super bowl team would be the natural fav of the Coaches.

Truth, BV acted with poise and class. He could have been acting a fool on a fault basis. You never saw him not helping Vince or Kerry. He was on the sidelines looking over plays with the QBs, helping. He didn't say anything until he was gone.

There was/is something else and Volek is taking the high road. He said that he has no further comment and that Fisher is a good Coach. Does that sound like the words of a whiny troublemaker? Now would be the perfect time for volek to say all that he held in. Instead he complimented Fisher. I doubt if anyone will spill the real truth.

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Eggsactly!

That douchebag demanded a trade when he found he wasn't going to start over Steve effing McNair in '05! A truuuuue Greedy Gretchen.

Do your homework, fellas. Go back & re-read history.

"git some learnin' in ya." The boy was a cancer.

& man, let me tells ya ... he shone like the sun in '05 when he got his chance. :rolleyes:

8. avvie

Gene, try to keep up. We've already established that even McNair couldn't prosper with that team and scheme. Your statement has no value.

9. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Don't forget Fisher's words "Billy asked for a trade Time after Time after time"
    It sounds to me like he's saying he never shut up about being traded. I don't think the public heard it everytime he said he wanted traded

10. avvie

We also know that Billy muzzled Rosenhaus on trade talks, so, again, the facts are being ignored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar