The QB of the Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Every coach wants a balanced offense, because that usually means everything is working.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I don't care if Matt Hasselbeck was the best QB this team has ever had, which he's not. He is not good enough to lead this team to a SB, let alone finish a complete season. What makes any of you think that this season won't turn out like last season if we start Hasselbeck? I also don't see how people think last season was a good season. In what world is a 9-7 (8-8) season good? Low standards much? Hasselbeck had a few good games last year, but those few games aren't near enough to make up for the bad ones. Before we signed Hass, and even for a short time after, he was just a noodle armed, Charlie check down, washed up vet to most fans. Now that he's wearing the old two tone blue, he's a HOFer all of a sudden. Stop putting Hass on an undeserved pedestal, and maybe people won't have to continually remind you of how bad he played the second half of last season.

We don't have the team to support Hasselbeck's average play. Hasselbeck will not get us anywhere, unless you think going 1-5 then getting benched because of an injury or terrible play is getting us somewhere. The only reason Hasselbeck should be on the field this season is if Locker has regressed or just isn't close to being ready. I don't see that happening.

Comparing Hass to our past QBs is completely irrelevant. Does he compare to the top QBs in the league?.... No. Can we do better?..... Yes, much better.

Hasselbeck is better than our past crap QBs. Great, give him a gold star, but don't give him the starting Job for our team. I'm not looking to continue the Titan QB trend.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I agree with what you are saying here, but I think you missed the point. The Titans were pretty much just as ineffective running the football the previous season, but Fisher pounded the ball anyway. Munchak could do the same, but he chooses to pass. He chooses to have a more balanced offense as where Fisher would just pound the ball away.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I would take Steve McNair's 3215 yards in 400 attempts over Hasselbeck's 3571 yards in 518 attempts all day every day. This isn't even a real question.

Edit: Thought you were actually comparing Hass to McNair. My bad... Didn't read correctly.

To answer your question with a question, who have we had behind center since McNair? Would you lump Locker in with those guys? Then why ask?

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Like Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England's balanced offense?

Chris Palmer didn't favor the pass because CJ sucked. That's what he does, pass the ball, and he's already said that we're going to be slinging the ball this year again.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What position do the Titans have players good enough to go to a SB? Hassebeck's play last season was good enough if he'd gotten support from the run game and a defense.

Last season, the Titans didn't have the team to supplement Hasselbeck's play or they would have easily made the playoffs with the cream puff schedule they had.

If he's better than Locker, he deserves to start.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The reason? Munch had a hell of a lot more faith in his QB than Fisher did his.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

I always stood by Vince Young (mainly cause he wasn't Kerry Collins), but yes, Hasselbeck is a far better QB than anyone Fisher had the last few years.

9. JCBRAVE

Yea actually, exactly like those offenses. Those are all balanced offenses.

Last year New Orleans ran the ball 431 times. How many completions did Drew Brees have? 468.

New England had pretty much the same thing, as did Green Bay. That's pretty balanced to me.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

running the ball 20 times too scrub the clock because your passing attack has built an insurmountable lead does tend too balance out those totals

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar